“found by chance, excellent!”

Vocatura Bakery Incorporated
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Norwich
Brewster, NY
“found by chance, excellent!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

this is across the street from Seafood etc. combine the two for a perfect take to your hotel meal. found this place by chance.. got some pizza and the best Eggplant grinder in my life. Yes this is grab and go... but so great.

We were in the area for an event at Foxwoods, and were searching around for something that was local, would not have found this without Tripadvisor 'cause it looks really modest and is off the beaten track. Get the large eggplant grinder.. the pizza by the slice will remind you of Flrenza ITALY not Connecticut. Yumm.

• Visited February 2013

Cedar Key, Florida
“Worth the trip to CT”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have been going to Voc's since I was a little girl and let me tell you, I don't live in CT anymore and this place is something I CRAVE! The customer service is spot on--you feel like a part of their family and their food is AMAZING (Grind-ahs on the most delicious freshly baked bread, pizza--go for the Westerly style, and homemade baked goods). This place will always bring the idea of home to mind and is ALWAYS my first and last stop when I am in CT. I hope they will be around for many more years to come!

• Visited August 2011
Waterford,CT
“Absolutely Splendid”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Not quite a restaurant this is really a take out bakery with a twist.It has hot and cold grinders on fresh bread and home made pizza.Not only is the bread fresh made,I had a meatball grinder and a can of soda for $5.25 total and it was delish! The pizza slices are $1.00 and are wonderful,More than snack size but less than a full size slice,its still a great bargain and worth eating out in your car.They have traditional grinders from cappicala to ham to salami etc., made fast by a team of grinder builders and of course since its a bakery, there are tempting treats as well.The only reason this does not get an excellent is no seating,but as far as a bargain is concerned, this is a genuine bargain!

• Visited February 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“great value”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

They make the best bread here. My family love the sheet pizzas, which are a bargain. I like the grinders. I see people complain about the skimpy meat - fair enough, I suppose. I don't like a ton of meat on my grinder, I usually pick out half the meat when I get grinders at other places, so it's a matter of taste. They also have turnovers and pastries, and sell cold cuts by the pound at very reasonable prices.

As mentioned in other reviews, this is a takeout place, no seating.

Visited August 2011
Connecticut
“Can you spare a slice?”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

They give you a measly 2 slices of meat on a grinder. Can you spare it?!?!!?