“Good Food, Good Service”

Joys Country Skillet
Ranked #9 of 118 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I ate breakfast for the first time at Joy's Country Skillet on May 23, 2014. This restaurant is located on Route 32, a very short distance from the entrance of the Norwich Inn and Spa. I entered the establishment around 9:30 am, and there were very few people in the restaurant. I sat at the counter, because I was by myself. I was promptly given a menu and offered coffee. The breakfast menu is very extensive, and it has a Mexican touch. There are also daily specials written on the board. The prices of the breakfast menu are very reasonable. I ordered the Huevos a la Mexicana, which is scrambled eggs with chopped onions, green peppers, and tomatoes along with refried beans, Spanish rice, and tortillas. I received my order within 10 minutes. My breakfast was very tasty, and there was plenty of food to satisfy one's appetite. In summary, I was very satisfied with my meal and would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Varied with linguica kielbasa hot apples-- many great above average menu items People around us raved about the home fries Not frozen and reheated.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We visited Joy's for breakfast after reading reviews on-line. We were with another couple and came away ready to return for another delightful experience.

As has been noted in some of the reviews that we read, this is a family owned and run establishment. It is immediately clear that all family members take pride in their business and are vested in doing all that they can to ensure the comfort and positive dining experience of their patrons. As soon as we sat down, we noted that the entire place is very, very clean; a great first impression! It was not long before our server, a very pleasant and delightful young woman, whom we suspect may be a daughter of the owner, arrived at our table to verify our comfort and to offer us beverages. From that point forward, the experience simply got better and better! The food was prepared to order, fresh and provided a pleasurable sensory experience filled with positive sights, aromas and tastes. I had the Mexican Casserole and my wife had the Chili Omelet. Both were outstanding and, for those who enjoy a Mexican style breakfast, carry our highest recommendation!
Coffee was replenished frequently and creamers were replenished without our asking...in our opinion, a rarity at most similar establishments that we have visited.

The value for the price was very good and, as mentioned at the onset, despite living about 90 minutes away, we look forward to visiting Joy's again for more Mexican epicurean delights!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We sat at the counter as every seat in the restaurant was filled. There is no push to eat, pay, leave. The food is served hot and well cooked. Its plain, simple and filling. It may not look glamorous but it is tasty and filling and the service was prompt, welcoming and polite. Did I say that the food was good? I am getting hungry now just thinking about it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Joy's is a wonderful, local restaurant with an eclectic menu. It is owned by the Flores family (Joy was the previous owner) and it seems like most of the family is there working. They serve really great breakfast - traditional and Mexican!!! Lunch and dinner is the same - traditional American food and really, really good authentic Mexican food.
The service is great and everybody is super friendly (including the other diners).

1  Thank JeanneDP