“Really wish Joy still owned and operated!”

Joys Country Skillet
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Really miss when this truly was a country skillet. Once Joy sold it, the food quality took a serious dive. They started offering 24/7 delivery, which was a drunk's dream! However, it was often not available! I called one Sunday morning to have breakfast delivered. Not only could the employee barely speak English, but was very rude! She quoted me about 20 minutes for delivery since I live less than 5 minutes away, which I thought was great. When 20 turned into 45, I called to ask if the driver had left yet; if they hadn't I was just going to come get it myself.....but the same rude girl told me they didn't have a delivery driver after all! Horrible customer service! And when I did go and get the food myself, every last thing in my order was wrong!

1  Thank Mkb115
There are newer reviews for Joys Country Skillet

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is aMexican inspired cafe that serves a very authentic ranchos huerves.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We went there recently for a light lunch, The menu looked great, and we'd like to go back for something more than a sandwich. Friendly staff, very willing to please. Want to try the Mexican food next time.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I went to Joys under protest as my friend said it had good Mexican food even though it looked like a greasy spoon diner. I must admit I was very surprised when I opened up the menu and saw three pages of Mexican fare next to the burgers and breakfast special.

I ordered chips and salsa to start (it wasn't on the menu). The chips were freshly fried tortilla but the salsa was green sauce and red hot sauce. It was not good, not bad.

I then got the ground beef burrito plate for my dinner. The ground beef seemed to be an all-purpose ground beef as while it was spicy it had carrots and celery mixed in it. I found this OK to eat but odd none-the-less. The rice and beans were good but it wasn't as warm as I like my food. The best part of my meal was the pico de gallo. I could have eaten a cup full of this delicious garnish. My friend got the enchiladas and was very pleased with them.

The waitress was friendly but I found the service to be a bit slow, most likely because she was the only waitress there at 8:00 on a Friday night.

I'd return again but I won't go out of my way for this.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Excellent Mexican American breakfast. Huevos Rancheros (order it with chorizo) was beyond good! Excellent coffee. Great service with a smile. Clean, bright, full of locals.