“First Timers”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
NYC
“First Timers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have heard about this place from Indian born friends so we decided to go try it. The place is in the Oak tree Plaza; next to Dairy Queen. Nothing fancy but nice to sit down and have dinner or lunch. The major dishes were about $10 to $12 each, which included vegetarian and non-vegetarian. I ordered a lamb dish (Lamb Saag) to test this place out. Usually when I go to an Indian restaurant their lamb has a lot of fat on it but this was lean and tender. I was impress with the quality of the ingredients and the taste of the food. My wife played it safe and ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala and it was very good, it was not sweat like some of the places I have tried (we say Americanized). You can taste the yogurt, ginger and the spices. We will try it again but for our first experience I would recommended it.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AMSTAFF-65

Preston, Connecticut
“We have become regulars!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We love Indian food and have had many opportunities to enjoy it all over. When one opened in Norwich we were nervous but were we wrong it is fantastic! Everything is fresh, clean and authentic! The service is great! The mango lassi is so creamy, garlic naan has a perfect char and don't forget to ask for chutney! The best Indian for the best price in Connecticut!!!

Cromwell, Connecticut
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

After eating at this place, I may never eat Indian food again. I ordered the vegetarian and non-vegetarian mix appetizer. The appetizer showed up looking as if it had been fried the day before and microwaved. The batter in everything was dark brown. (Time to change you oil!) Some item were in edible and there was no trace of non-vegetarian items. We ordered soda that never showed up. Our entrees were lamb dishes that were flavorless and lamb very tough. This place was just gross..

1 Thank Renee V
Connecticut
“Wonderful addition to the city's ethnic foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I heard rave reviews about this place and went for lunch today. I ordered chicken korma and nan. The korma arrived hot off the stove with a side dish of delicious basmati rice. Both were excellently flavored. And then the nan arrived. Heaven. Perfectly baked.

The restaurant is in a nondescript strip mall and its signage is not very easy to spy. Inside, the layout is a bit odd but the tables are all nicely covered in linen and everything is presented nicely.

Lucky Norwichians!