“Absolutely Delicious!”
Review of Lazizah Bake Shop

Lazizah Bake Shop
Ranked #2 of 118 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Lazizah's is one of my favorite places and I continue to go back time and time again because of the excellent quality and flavors of the food that is made and the friendliness of the owners. The restaurant also has an outdoor patio where you can eat your lunch on nice days. I have tried a number of items on the menu, and I have never been disappointed in either the savory food or the desserts. The soups are fresh, amazing, and made daily. The fresh black bean burger on homemade bread is the best I have ever tasted, and I love that it is topped with fresh spinach, roasted red peppers, and goat cheese. It's my absolute favorite thing on the menu. Many times I will take the roasted garlic bread and hummus to pot-luck parties, and it's always a hit.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Best zippy chicken soup and salad and my husband had a delicious black bean burger. Authentic Lebanese spices. Bring your sweet tooth!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Let me just start by saying, I love their bread! I often pick some up when they are at the farmer's market, and it is fabulous! The sweet bread is so good for breakfast and the others are right up there as well. Their food is amazing as well. The wraps are an amazing mix of flavor, whether you go for the schwarma or the chicken variant of it (whose exact name I can't recall at the moment!). They are not flavors you find many places, but it all goes together so well. We of course had to hit the desserts as well. The limoncello cake is to die for! The baklava (all varieties) is sweet and tasty! The date filled cookies are amazing! In other words, I don't think you can go wrong with anything you get here! You can eat there, at the few tables, or take out, and while the lunch menu isn't vast, there is a good variety of sandwiches, wraps, and soups, all done very well. And I will guess that you can't walk out without tasting one of the fabulous desserts or breads, nor should you! Plus the owners are always so friendly, so it makes you want to keep going back, we definitely will be!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I cant say enough good things about this place. The food is beyond amazing. It is tucked into Yantic and located right next to the post office. The building is tiny, but packed full of delicious lunch and desert items. They also sell hummus to take home, and it is SO GOOD. Their food is AMAZING!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Lazizah Bakery in Yantic CT is one of small gems that sometimes exist is out of the way places.. The bakery is locally popular and was constantly busy when my wife and I were there for lunch. It is located about two minutes off exit 82 off IH395 in a small building adjacent to the Post Office in Yantic. The restaurant/bakery specialises in Mediterranean and Middle eastern fare and boy, does it do them well. This eatery should be the poster child for fine, fresh ingredients prepared simply and well. We had a falafel pita and a beef gyros accompanied by the best lentil soup we have ever been served. We will be back to taste the remainder in the not too distant future. My wife also made a selection of pastries to take home to eat later.

This bakery is small and crowded with Middle Eastern groceries,as well as, fresh breads and pastries in addition to the luncheon selections. There are three small tables inside and a pleasant outdoor dining area adjacent to the river. The owner and his staff are extremely friendly and effusive in their welcome to their customers and friends(there is very little difference as all seem to be treated as friends).