“Disappointed with my recent visit”

Olde Tymes Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 114 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family Style restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Reservations can be made for family groups on holidays. Upstairs dining area can be reserved for business meetings and smaller gatherings. Option to order from the menu or from the catering menu choices.
Avon, Connecticut
“Disappointed with my recent visit”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I only get in this area once a year. Had breakfast there today and was disappointed. My ultimate breakfast sandwich was great but for the cold gravy. My wife had a basic egg sandwich that only looked so so. Her potatoes were stone cold cold.
Hopefully, they will be on their game when I go back next year.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Preston1884
gsgrandma, Manager at Olde Tymes Restaurant, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We are truly sorry to hear you were disappointed by your recent vist. But are thrilled to hear you will be giving us a try again in 2013. We do our best to bring your order to the table hot and to order and appreciate that you took the time to let us know that there was an issue. Looking forward to your next visit in the upcoming new year!

Indialantic, Florida
“Excellent Breakfast, Dinner Not So Much”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The breakfasts here are excellent. I love the banana, nut, coconut pancakes but my husband is finicky about breakfast sausage and he loves it here. We usually get an egg platter. The prices are very fair. Even though the place is large, you might still have a wait during peak times. We've eaten breakfast there many times.

We ate dinner there a couple of times and were not impressed. The food was a fair price, but very mediocre.

The service is really excellent which helps turning the tables with the large breakfast crowds.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank RDCprc
Southeastern CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what it once was”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It used to be the best restaurant in Norwich - but over the years that has changed dramatically. When I was last there - it needed a real good cleaning - and I'd be afraid to see the kitchen. Maybe they've cleaned up?

1 Thank Canyondaze
ledyard
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have never been disappointed with our meals at Olde Tymes. The cinnamon french toast is excellent as are some of the specials. Some of the veggies taste like canned, but the prices are good and the atmosphere is quaint. The service is friendly.

Visited September 2012
Oakdale, Connecticut
“Terrible food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been to Old Tymes a few times before as a teenager for dinner and breakfast. My home fries and omelette were cold and my toast HARD AS ROCKS, omelette was a pile of mush! the waitstaff were friendly and heated up my food brought me fresh toast but it was bland tasting. The restaurant was dark, dreary, and seating was cramped. Looks like old barn and the restaurant is kind of dirty too. Needs renovation badly! I went for dinner one time and it wasn't much better than breakfast; my fish and chips came out tough and greasy and coke tasted like baking soda in water ewwwww never again! They don't know how to cook food. Comes out cold bland greasy hard as rocks or mushy. Im surprised that place is still in business. The atmosphere is dark and cheerless.

• Visited November 2011