“Excellent Breakfast, Dinner Not So Much”

Olde Tymes Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 114 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family Style restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Reservations can be made for family groups on holidays. Upstairs dining area can be reserved for business meetings and smaller gatherings. Option to order from the menu or from the catering menu choices.
Indialantic, Florida
“Excellent Breakfast, Dinner Not So Much”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The breakfasts here are excellent. I love the banana, nut, coconut pancakes but my husband is finicky about breakfast sausage and he loves it here. We usually get an egg platter. The prices are very fair. Even though the place is large, you might still have a wait during peak times. We've eaten breakfast there many times.

We ate dinner there a couple of times and were not impressed. The food was a fair price, but very mediocre.

The service is really excellent which helps turning the tables with the large breakfast crowds.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank RDCprc

Southeastern CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what it once was”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It used to be the best restaurant in Norwich - but over the years that has changed dramatically. When I was last there - it needed a real good cleaning - and I'd be afraid to see the kitchen. Maybe they've cleaned up?

1 Thank Canyondaze
ledyard
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have never been disappointed with our meals at Olde Tymes. The cinnamon french toast is excellent as are some of the specials. Some of the veggies taste like canned, but the prices are good and the atmosphere is quaint. The service is friendly.

Visited September 2012
Oakdale, Connecticut
“Terrible food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been to Old Tymes a few times before as a teenager for dinner and breakfast. My home fries and omelette were cold and my toast HARD AS ROCKS, omelette was a pile of mush! the waitstaff were friendly and heated up my food brought me fresh toast but it was bland tasting. The restaurant was dark, dreary, and seating was cramped. Looks like old barn and the restaurant is kind of dirty too. Needs renovation badly! I went for dinner one time and it wasn't much better than breakfast; my fish and chips came out tough and greasy and coke tasted like baking soda in water ewwwww never again! They don't know how to cook food. Comes out cold bland greasy hard as rocks or mushy. Im surprised that place is still in business. The atmosphere is dark and cheerless.

• Visited November 2011
Plainview, NY
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I happened to driving by the area and looked for a lunch place. Scanned through the GPS and liked the name so we went there. What we ended up with was great friendly and attentive service, an extensive menu to please any palate, nice portion,tasty food and extremely reasonable prices. The only negative is it's not closer to home. If it was I'd be a regular there.I had one of there special burgers cooked to order (extra rare and home fries very well done) and my wife had a tasty spinach and cheese omelette. About 2 minutes after the food arrived our waitress returned to make sure everything okay. If we were ever in the area again it would be our first choice for a meal.

• Visited October 2012