“its a restaurant”

Caddy Shack Cafe
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
“its a restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Yes, another restaurant. Food is good and priced well for what you get. Never had a problem, but not on my go to list.

1 Thank userChris

Oakdale, Connecticut
“Go for the Soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Caddy Shack is one of the few places in Norwich that continues to get better over time. The menu has improved a great deal over the last 5 years. They used to close for the winter but I believe they are now open year round.
The soup of the day is always very good and the clear chowder (Fridays only) is one of the best around. The rueben is really good and there are 3-4 different types. When its over 50 and sunny definitely sit out on the terrace.

• Visited August 2012
Oakdale, Connecticut
“Awesome restaurant! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been to Caddyshack 3 times with my best friend, and I've always had a great experience with them. The food is delicious, the waitstaff were polite and efficient, and the restaurant is clean and decorated nicely. The food and cocktails prices are decent and most of all I love the outdoor patio overlooking the Norwich golf course. They also have awesome daily specials on food and cocktails.I dined on the patio in early July and it was such a lovely dining experience. While I had lunch and cocktails with my best friend on the patio, we had a great view of golfers playing golf and some squirrels running around. I loved the patio the best during the warmer season. I'd recommend caddyshack to all my friends and family. Great for celebrations, happy hours, get togethers with loved ones. I never had complaints about caddyshack.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Kay E
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Tucked away at the Norwich Golf Course is a delightful restaurant overlooking the greens with an outdoor balcony to boot. We had fish and chips, which was probably the best fish we had had in ages in a wonderful beer batter. Should have opted for the one piece portion, since the portions were huge. Liver and onions also great, if that is your thing, as it was for one of us. I think the locals like to keep this place secret! I think that dining outdoors really made the meal. The indoor area is dark and crowded, but the view from the balcony was just delightful.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Suzu T
Brunswick, Maine
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

A sports bar with great food, friendly service. Really wonderful mashed potatoes with delicious gravy, carrots that were actually cooked, and not blanched, fresh scallops, I could go on. Beware the portion sizes. Two of us could have shared one entree and a salad.

5 Thank ooonor