“A downtown spot for good American Mexican Cusine”

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Sort of hidden in plain sdi9ght it is a really nice place to get good mexican/American cusine at very reasonable prices

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Bad news first: parking is terrible. How the good news: TACOS. These things are great with lots of different meat fillings including goat. Also, Huevos Rancheros has to be one of the greatest breakfast experiences of my life. I crave the red sauce and the extra tortillas. The people are friendly, the food is great. I have no idea about authenticiy because I'm from New England, but I know a great meal when I have one and I have had many at Mi Casa.

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Recently went here for the first time a few weeks ago. The exterior and interior leave a bit to be desired, and it's not in a great area, but don't let that deter you! The food is excellent, in large portions and is very authentic. Cactus on the tacos! My group of 4 went for lunch and were able to get in and out within 45 minutes.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Friends that live in the area Brought us! Wow like a visit direct to Mexico! Without montazumas Revenge. The tacos were similar to Ones I've had in Monterrey or Cozumel! They even have Persidente! Ole'!

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

But it was so bizarre that our food really did come cold to lukewarm. It boggles my mind how a restaurant serves food this way--and clearly on a regular basis since other reviews noted it....I was hoping it was not so ---If we had not been dining with friends as their guests after they raved about this place, I would have sent my food back and asked them to heat it properly...Because, it may have helped improve the taste of the food! For one, I am not sure why they call The Salsa, salsa---it was ok spicy, but the weirdest salsa I have ever seen--and not terribly flavorful! I will say that they used perfect avocado as garnish on our meals. The beans and rice were very good (but I love salty , and the beans were pretty salty) ....but the enchiladas rancheras were HORRIBLE. No flavor, really, --with chunks of chicken. The ranchera sauce lacked cumin and chili powder. --Like just red clumps of sauce. And if it is a chicken enchilada, the chicken should be well seasoned and shredded!! Seriously, it was BAD. I wish it had been different, but it was not. And I am a person of Mexican heritage and ethnicity, that still loves Tex-Mex---and this didn't even rate that!!! I gave it an average rating instead of terrible because they do have Mexican Coke to drink, and the tres leches cake was delicious (though not really authentic in flavor and presentation). I LOVE Mexican food, but this restaurant is not good. So sad.