“Authentic Mexican food in a casual atmosphere”

Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stopped in this casual spot on our way home from Rhode Island based on previous reviews. We were a little put off by the location on route 2 in downtown Norwich and the parking was a bit of a pain, however, we are so glad we stopped. The atmosphere is very casual with a bar next to the sparse dining room. The service was quick and everything was done right. We loved the spicy salsa with chips and the nacho dinner with ground beef. The nachos had fresh avocado on top which was delicious (no odd flavor like the ones I tend to get at home). The rest of the family had various fajitas with steak, chicken and shrimp. They included peppers, onions, tomatoes, rice, beans, guacamole and sour cream. The chicken was especially good and we have lots of leftovers for tomorrows lunch. Total cost with sodas for 4 people was $75 with tip and tax. Great value - be sure to check this restaurant out if you are near by.

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Authentic Mexican food, good service, generous margaritas! we've been to this restaurant a number of times and must say it is very consistent in quality of food and drinks.when we want Mexican food this is always our first choice,support this local small business you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We had been meaning to try this Mexican restaurant for some time. When we finally got there we couldn't believe we waited so long! The ambiance is very casual and almost feels like it would be a great hang out for a small band and bar crowd. Not sure if that happens but there is space for performers on a small stage towards the back go the dining room. The salsa is traditional so don't think of grocery store brands. However, it's delicious with a little kick. We ordered the Alambres, which is pork & beef with melted Oaxaca Cheese & sautéed peppers & onions. This was extremely tasty. We also ordered the Pechuga A La Mexicana, chicken breast sautéed with onions, tomatoes & jalapeños. The second dish was spicy but I enjoyed every bite. The potions were quite generous as well, leaving us with left overs to enjoy later. We also tried a special martini they offered, and while it was good, it was more of a dessert drink than one meant to go with dinner. We will probably try one of their margaritas next time or stick to beer. The menu also offers other more common meals, tacos, burritos, etc., as well as some American choices. We are sure to return!

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nice atmosphere , good friendly service. Excellent Mexican Food. A good place to take family and friends. Outstanding deserts.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I tried here for the first time last week with a couple of friends, after all the good reviews. Let's just say I wasn't overly impressed. The food is definitely authentic Mexican, and it was good, but I can't say that I am just dying to go back again. I would eat there again, but it's not really a place I need to. I fully admit this could just be my preferences, as the other two in my party seemed to really like the food. Let me explain...

First I ordered the house margarita. I would say it is your typical pre-made blend, nothing out of this world by any means. I have had much better in several other Mexican restaurants in the state. The tortilla chips were good and the salsa had a good flavor...except it had cilantro. I know people have a love/hate type of relationship with cilantro and unfortunately I am in the hate category, so after getting a few bits of that, I was done with it. Okay, so I can look past both.Two of ordered enchiladas racheros, one with steak, one with chicken, the third person had a torta with salty beef and tamales. He said the flavor was very good for both and definitely authentic. I had the steak enchiladas and they were certainly edible. the sauce had a nice flavor, but I could have used a bit more flavor in the steak and definitely a bit more cheese. I would eat them again, but as I said before, I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to go there, and again, that could just be my personal preferences coming through. I wouldn't say they were bad by any means, to me it was a just a bunch of little things that could have been better.