“Jack's is ok”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Jack's is ok”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

So I went to Jacks last week for dinner because my group and I were heading to the Haunted Mansion up there (which was aewsome.) Jacks was rated number 1 on tripadvisor and YELP. This was shocking to me after my group and I ate there. We ordered a Large Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Lobster Ravoli, Chicken Penne, and some soups. The Buffalo Chicken was greasy and not flavorful. It tasted greasy and gave you that instant burn in your chest. The Lobster Ravoli was a cheap Ravoli that was loaded with a vodka sauce and spinach. There was tons of sauce, and the sauce wasnt great. The Penne was tryed and quickly disgarded. The soups were excellent and the service was great! But the food was ok! We sat outside and it was very nice. The resturant was packed and had a great atmosphere. I would give it another chance do to the service and resturants atmosphere.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Traveler860_203

Oakdale, Connecticut
“Awesome Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to Jack's back in May2012 with my best friend for lunch. We ordered pizza and cocktails and they were delicious. The pizza wasn't greasy and the ingredients were fresh and tasty. The prices were decent on the food and cocktails. The waitstaff were efficient and friendly and I met the owner, Jack who was friendly and came to check on us to see if we were satisfied with the service. The restaurant was clean and tastefully decorated. I loved the Italian music playing in the background. Jack's has a cute outdoor patio/courtyard for the warmer months, though it's downfall is that's it's located by a busy main road. It's not the best view to enjoy while having a meal, but I do love the restaurant and their indoor dining. I wish they were located by the marina or Mohegan Park for lovely views for outdoor dining. Well, beggars can't be choosers. Jack's is a good place to dine during awful weather, LOL! Anyway, I'd recommend Jack's to my friends and families if they want good Italian food. It's a fun place for dates, Happy hours, celebrations, and get togethers with loved ones. :)

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Kay E
“A definite must!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Met an old friend from high school here. We hadn't seen each other in 30 years. We were not rushed and took our time ordering. The food was fresh and amazing. The service was excellent and atmosphere was so comfortable outside on the patio. Will put this restaurant on my list of go to's!

2 Thank Dieseldog1411
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Really delicious pizza”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Super friendly staff. Delicious homemade chicken barley soup. Drafts were ice cold. Pizza had great thin crust and tons of topping. Only down side was soda. Ordered a diet coke and I think they serve some weird generic fountain drinks. But it's a great place.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Larry R
“Excellent...just a terrible wait for delivery!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We are very frequent Jack's customers, and the food is always always excellent! However, the word has obviously gotten out because delivery is always 45 minutes or more...even midweek! But if it's consistently busy, I take that as a sign that it's consistently good!