“Fantastic Food, Service, and Atmosphere”
Review of Prime 82

Prime 82
Ranked #25 of 122 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prime 82 is a rustic steakhouse offering hand cut steaks, fresh caught seafood, and an array of microbrews and wines. Voted Best Steak by Norwich Magazine! Prime 82 is a white tablecloth yet casual venue, with a nice bar and lounge area for dinner or cocktails. Our menu includes custom butchered pork chops, lamb chops, porterhouse steaks and more of the finest cuts, cooked perfectly to taste. We hand-trim all our steaks, from filet mignon to classic NY strips to rib-eyes. We bring in fresh-caught seafood every day for a trip off shore, and now offer a brunch menu with a steakhouse twist, featuring steak and eggs, lobster Florentine, and much more! Our full bar features microbrews from around the country and wines from around the world. Enjoy our Happy Hour menu Monday thru Friday, 3pm-6pm for $5 select appetizers, select specialty cocktails, and wine of the day. For special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, we have the perfect banquet rooms accommodating anywhere from 10 to 90 guests for private parties. Prime 82 offers something for everyone. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a night out on the town at Prime 82.
Reviewed February 14, 2018

My wife and I went here for the first time yesterday. We both had the happy hour drinks and appetizers. Mine was yuengling with margarita flatbread and hers was a cosmo with calamari. The drinks were wonderful and the Flatbread was fresh and bright, clean, delicious flavors with sweet tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette. The calamari was tender, really well cooked and spiced perfectly. For an entree I had the chicken parm and my wife had Delmonico prime. Both meals were flawlessly executed with tender meats and rich, full flavors. For dessert we had their chocolate cake which was seven layers of heaven, with none of the cloying sweetness people often find. Our server, Liza, was the epitome of friendly professionalism, as was the bartender. The entire meal came to about $120.00 dollars.The restaurant harkens back to a bygone era with the classic crooners such as Sinatra and Martin playing in the background, an era where food, service, and atmosphere all came together to create a dining experience. It was easily one of the best values I've gotten in a meal. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to even the most discerning person.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Back again and I can report that little has changed! Food is good as it gets! Started with a crock of onion soup. Excellent. Both of us chose the Delmonico Prime. Grass fed and almost fork tender at medium rare! Delicious! My better half also ordered a salad and with the complementary oven baked bread finished off our meal. Bar atmosphere enjoyable and friendly. Good Job Prime 82!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised when entering the seating area of this restaurant. The outside of the building hides its elegant atmosphere. The music is pleasant and staff is friendly. The bread that is served tastes homemade and comes right out of the oven. Because it was so delicious, I ate more than I should have! There is lots to choose from for food selection. Something is offered to fit anyone's tastebuds. Both my husband and I completely enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

We are very picky eaters who have traveled a lot. We are also on an incredibly low carb diet. This area has slim pickings for choices so we went based on good reviews. We weren't expecting the restaurant to be in a hotel and were a little thrown off at first but we were very glad we went. There was a nice bar that while relatively quiet had people all the way around it. They made special accommodations for our dietary needs. The services was very attentive. The Delmonico was the best I've had in a very long time.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Next to the Marriot Courtyard, Prime 82 is one of the better places in the area. Menu is varied, prices and service average. Offers more substantial fare than any of the other restaurants close by.