“Wasn't impressed..”

Prime 82
Ranked #25 of 122 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Prime 82 is a rustic steakhouse offering hand cut steaks, fresh caught seafood, and an array of microbrews and wines. Voted Best Steak by Norwich Magazine! Prime 82 is a white tablecloth yet casual venue, with a nice bar and lounge area for dinner or cocktails. Our menu includes custom butchered pork chops, lamb chops, porterhouse steaks and more of the finest cuts, cooked perfectly to taste. We hand-trim all our steaks, from filet mignon to classic NY strips to rib-eyes. We bring in fresh-caught seafood every day for a trip off shore, and now offer a brunch menu with a steakhouse twist, featuring steak and eggs, lobster Florentine, and much more! Our full bar features microbrews from around the country and wines from around the world. Enjoy our Happy Hour menu Monday thru Friday, 3pm-6pm for $5 select appetizers, select specialty cocktails, and wine of the day. For special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, we have the perfect banquet rooms accommodating anywhere from 10 to 90 guests for private parties. Prime 82 offers something for everyone. Treat yourself and your loved ones to a night out on the town at Prime 82.
Reviewed May 15, 2012

A friend of mine, who's also a foodie, suggested this place. She knew that hubby and I loved eating out and checking out places. When we got there, I had high hopes for the place. The table setting wasn't elaborate, fake twigs of something plastic and some stainless steel S/P shakers, wine glasses and linen napkin rolled-up utensils. The table cloth was also linen (and changed after every use, which was great), so I did expect the food to be great!

I ordered the 10 oz salmon and hubby had the Chicken Giovanni. My salmon wasn't anything unusual so for $20, I was a little disappointed. It came with a weird mushroom risotto and some overcooked slices of carrots. Don't expect gourmet plating, it's just the price but your plate won't look like you even paid half of what you did. Hubby's food was ok, again nothing that would make you come back. We definitely won't be. I enjoyed Modesto's so much more than this experience. I called my girl friend right after and told her about our experience. Suggested Modesto's to her instead. Will also try another place similar in ambience: Bella Fiore.

Food took forever to come, I forgot to take pictures as both hubby and I just dove in once they were served. The bread that they gave as we waited for our entrees were dry, cold and unevenly cut. It has nothing against Longhorn's bread or Olive garden's breadsticks. Heck, not even Pizza hut's bread sticks! Geez..

The appetizers were around $12-18, entrees $20-28. Soda was $2. Hubby had to get a different type as their regular coke ran out of syrup that he had to request for it to be changed. There was only one server, one bartender and one bus boy. I had to wait for my water, even after asking for a refill. Did I say I wasn't impressed?

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Was there for lunch-One would think it was for a dinner event-The cheapest things on the lunch menu were $8 for sandwiches-steep for the area.Getting the order in was-lets say a chore that took 15 minutes. They didnt have the item I wanted and she then excused her self to go to the kitchen 10 minutes later I ordered aveal parmesan griner.THey must have lost the calf as that was 30 minutes. Then they had no change for my bill that I hurriedly asked for.Yes the sandwich was good, but not worth the wait and aggravation-stick to Illianos for lunch.Maybe this place does better at dinner