“The Fat Cat pub”

Fat Cat Grill and Bar
Ranked #22 of 114 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: "Fairly new restaurant next to Surplus Unlimited".
Description: "Fairly new restaurant next to Surplus Unlimited".
Norwich, United Kingdom
“The Fat Cat pub”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

One of the best pubs in the country for 'real ale' fans. Multiple winner of CAMRA National Best Pub award. Also has sister pub 'Fat Cat Brewery Tap' with micro brewery and live music.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Richard M

Norwich
“Washed off chicken...”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Ordered the Buffalo chicken panini and it came out BBQ. The waiter was awesome and brought it right back to get it fixed, came out and refilled my beverage. About 5 minutes later it came out. I went to pick it up and it was soggy. I tasted the chicken and it was cold and wet. I'm almost positive they rinsed the BBQ sauce off and then dipped the chicken in Buffalo. When the waiter came out to check on us, he saw how awful it looked and said and I quote, "Wow. That does not look right." Needless to say I didn't want a new one...
The sweet potato fries were great but I will not be going back.

• Visited May 2012
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Awesome Eatery”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Good food, great staff. Nice place for family, friends, or just hanging out. Glad to see a good place in Norwich finally open up.

1 Thank Zoltar62
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Love it! The mediterranean sandwich is phenomenal! The homemade garlic dressing is so yummy! The tiramisu wasnt very good though, not the real deal. My friends & I think Erik the bartender is great! Very friendly & excellent service!

Norwich, Connecticut
“No reason to go back”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Unfortunately because there are many Pizza places to go to, maybe my expectations were too high. Walking in you pass the bar, which looks quite nice and I noticed some tables around the bar area where one could eat. The main eating area, however, is behind the bar and we found it rather close. You could say they have maximized the use of their small space.

It was a busy night and perhaps that affected the service, as it was rather slow and the food was unremarkable. We loved the Olympic Pizza, which this Fat Cat's replaced, but it does not come up to the variety and or tastiness of food.

Don't think we will return.

• Visited September 2011