“Nice old colonial and newer cemetary”

Norwichtown Historic Cemetary
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Norwich
Norwich, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice old colonial and newer cemetary”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

If you like to look at old cemetery stones this is a nice place. Very peaceful. Not a ghost or a haunt by touch, feel or sight. Even after dark. Benedict Arnold is buried in London and only his mother is buried here. Samuel Huntington is buried nearby. I've been on the haunted walk in October and was disappointed that they never mention at least one criminal who might have been hung in the town, a survivor of a plague or flu that passed through, or even a tale of what might have been seen from the top of the nearby meetinghouse rocks. The only upside is visiting the cemetery was free.

Visited July 2011

Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Haunted Cemetary”
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I took a haunted tour of the Norwichtown Cemetary several years ago with ghost hunter Donna Kent and an historian, several other people also showed up for the tour, it was at night. We were told before entering the cemetary that it was haunted, I was a skeptic. While I was there a ghost did appear before me, I stood frozen in one spot, could not move, it was frightening to say the least. If you do go, wear silver jewelry not gold to protect yourself. The cemetary is quite small, there is alot of history there. Benedict Arnold I believe and his Mom are buried there.

5 Thank luneib