“Great place for brunch ,overnight stay spa”

The Spa at Norwich Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The staff was excellent. The afternoon tea is less than previous years but still excellent. The Sunday brunch for Easter was excellent. We had 10 people and everyone found foods they really enjoyed. The rooms were very clean and we'll cared for. Do not miss the spa my wife and family found them to be excellent.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We took advantage of the Rejuvenation package at the spa and stayed Wednesday to Thursday. We were able to check in as soon as we arrived and were given a large corner room with lots of windows. The staff was friendly and accommodating. All tips are included so you can literally spend 2 days in a robe and slippers without carrying your purse. The package includes the overnight accommodations, 2 treatments, 1 fitness class, dinner, breakfast, and full use of the spa facilities. We opted for body wraps, massages, and the water aerobics class. All of the staff were wonderful. I've never felt so relaxed and pampered. The dinner includes a starter, entree and dessert. We shared the lobster bruschetta and crab cakes for starters. I had the New York strip meal and my friend had the cioppino. We also had the molten cakes for dessert. Breakfast was also plentiful and delicious. We hung out between meals and treatments in the relaxation room, the indoor pool, the gift shop, and outside on the enclosed deck. It is quiet and a great time to read and relax. For the price, it was well worth it to have this relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MLEPSU
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I went to the Norwich spa with a friend to celebrate my birthday. We purchased a package and the entire day was beautifully scheduled where we had a full day of relaxation. We started with a yoga class that was nice but very entry level and short. I then had a massage where my therapist was wonderful. After the massage we went to the Kensington room for lunch which was amazing. This was part of our package but the selection was great. Finally I finished my day with an express facial. That was okay, I've had better. Overall it was a great relaxing day and I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank alig678
Reviewed April 3, 2014

If I'm calling to make reservations and spend my money, I expect u tell me what my options are for fitness classes, lunch, service options etc, if I tell u I'm interested in a package deal, tell me what they are, don't tell me I need to know before u can reserve. duh, that's why the hell I'm calling you.......hmmm not the greatest business model there. I went before and started my day at 1230 why am I being told I can only start at 230 and I'm doing the same thing? Did the rules change, if so, I expected courtesy and clear explanations....yeah I'm all set...won't see my money, nice place but good service is needed before I return....

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This Spa and Inn are amazing. The staff and service is impeccable. We enjoyed delicious food and relaxing spa treatments. What a wonderful place. If you are looking for the most impressive spa experience then this is the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We normally don't go to spas but where given a gift certificate for a room and some treatments.
The hotel itself was bigger than I was expecting. They have 50, or so, rooms, plus a bunch of Villas. We were given a Country King room in the main hotel and thought it was very nice. It had a large walk-through bathroom and separate living room area. The bed had a pretty good pillow top mattress, the blankets were of high quality, and there were many pillow options to pick from.
We checked in late, and grabbed a quick bite as Ascots Pub, right off of the lobby. This place only seats about 20, and is more casual than the other restaurant, Kensington's. It was pretty busy and service was attentive but slow, as expected due to the number of guests. It was our fault for showing up right before closing time. Istvan was a great server/bartender, very friendly, and made great drinks. I had NY Strip and my wife had risotto. My steak was a slightly tough, but good quality and flavor. My Wife's dish looked great, tons of lobster. Gnocchi is hard to make well, and I would give the appetizer an Above Average grade.
The next morning we both had massages and a treatment. The facility itself was very nice and offered many amenities for guests. The locker rooms were clean and well appointed. After our session we grabbed a drink at the small bar they have in the spa, great bloody mary!
I requested a late check-out and it was granted no problem, we loaded up the car and went back to Ascots for lunch. We both had the Turkey Wrap and agreed that it was very good and loaded with turkey. The side of cucumber salad had an Asian flavor to it, and was bad example of what a cucumber kimchi can be.
So my only suggestion/complaint, even though it is a very minor one, would be to re-think the cucumber salad. It would be very easy to make it better, even if they just added some bottled sweet-chili sauce.
Tip: There are countless fees/surcharges at this place. It's owned by Foxwoods, so that is not surprising. We always tip 20%, and this place automatically adds 19%. Included gratuities are fine, but there are too many other fees to keep track of. Our room charge was included in the gift, so I’m not sure how much it was. The food is priced as expected, slightly high, but reasonable for the quality.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel seemed more convenient than getting a ride to a Villa from the security guar...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MATTfromCT
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Man, it was overcrowded. The spa was too loud and too bustling. I wanted to escape crowds and I was in a sea of women in the locker room.
I arrived, no valet to help w the bags. The check in was quick and the room standard , as previously experienced, small but clean.
There used to be a wine tasting where a sommelier taught about different wines. This was a poor substitute.
My foot massage was a waste of time. The therapist stated she couldn't work deep due to her pregnancy .Chatted the entire time. My massage was 50 minutes, a signature. I found it choppy and disjointed and while the therapist was someone I have used before, it was not satisfying. I typically have an hour massage at home and the experience ce is on another plateau .
The biggest issue for me and my friend was the shower heads. They were replaced sine I last visited and they hurt the water came out like it was stinging and the head could not be moved.
I will try a new venue next time..

Room Tip: The Inn is much nicer than the villas.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Mohegan Sun
#4 of 6 in Norwich
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!