“Another blissful experience”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Another blissful experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I ushered in the New Year here for the second year in a row and again left feeling very satisfied and relaxed. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, accommodating, and helpful in an unobtrusive way. Our stress quickly melted away as we took advantage of the fitness classes, spa treatments, and luxurious spa facilities. The environment is classy and elegant while maintaining warmth and friendliness.

It is is a bit pricey to stay here and take advantage of their numerous treatments, but is all top notch and well worth the money. They offer multiple packages to make it more cost effective. The value is also increased when you factor in the free extras like tea and scones in the afternoon, evening wine tastings, and morning walk and meditation, to name but a few free items they offer.

The rooms are clean and well appointed with an English style decor. We chose to stay in the main inn so that we could travel to and from the spa in our robe and slippers as is customary there. The food throughout the inn is delicious and offers a nice variety of options that range from healthy to decadent. With a spa cafe, casual pub, & fine dining restaurant, we were able to meet all of our needs without leaving the building until it was time to bid the inn a sad farewell. We are looking forward to returning again some day to this blissful, peaceful, rejuvenating place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolgb328

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Connecticut
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My friends and I have done many spa days at the Spa at Norwich Inn. It has always been top notch and nothing but luxurious. We always pick one of their spa packages which include treatments, fitness class, and lunch at Kensingtons. I have never, ever been disappointed. We stayed overnight in the Inn once and had a very lovely room and overnight stay. The staff is phenomenal and will bend over backwards to accommodate your every request. Try it, you'll love it.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the Inn rather than the condos.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cminniect
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I live nearby but have never visited the Hotel so I gave it a try during a recent widespread power outage/storm. My room was ready early and I was happy to be in the main building. They got points for that !! My room had two double beds, TV, desk etc but was nothing special. The bed and pillows turned out to be rather uncomfortable. A budget chain hotel would have cozier accommodations ! The room needed a good redecorating job and some light. It was rather dark. I later ate at the pub. Every entree has calories broken down(for every restaurant there and for each menu). I have never seen so many high fat/high carb selections...for a spa?? The turkey on my sandwich looked like packaged shaved deli turkey and the pickle was awful. I was glad I had attended a complimentary tea and scones event earlier in the day. At least that was good. The only problem was the waitperson who was in charge and very annoying . He "fussed" over the tea bag arrangement in the basket and stood in front of the water urns so it made it awkward to get anything without moving around him. He then paced back and forth and started rearranging again. Really, can't they find something else for him to do. There is a boutique which was pretty useless(belly dancing outfits) and the spa prices run about $20.00 higher than most competitors. Everything I saw looked mass produced and not intimate. Rows of oversized pedicure chairs, and some pretty loud grunge dressed patrons were not acting like I would expect in a hotel of there supposed caliber. The setting is beautiful outside though. There are restful walking paths, gardens etc. I'd say they should re do all of the menus and put some lower calorie foods on them, lower their prices , and maybe I would give them another shot. Unless that happens, I don;t know.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Renee047
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at the Norwich Inn because we were attending a show at Mohegan Sun. We met up with friends and it was a great midway point for us since we were all from outside of the area. I read reviews before booking our room and because of mixed reviews I called the hotel directly and shared my concerns with a woman in reservations. She was friendly and answered all of my questions. I booked a room in the Inn with her. The price was comparable to online deal prices. Our friends booked a room online through a deal and selected one of the condos. Big mistake. The condo had a musty odor and the furniture was worn and torn. Our room in the Inn was great. It was a corner room which was extremely large and sunny. The staff overall was terrific. Dinner in the main dining room and lunch in the Ascot room were super. The waitstaff was great and the food and drinks were very good. We didn't have time to go to the spa, however, we did take a peek. We were greeting by a very friendly woman who offered us a tour. The spa looked fantastic!

Room Tip: We had a great corner room. Very large and bright. It was a long walk though from the lobby but was...
2 Thank Deb123_12
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beautiful setting, charming inn. The food and service were good and the spa was excellent. Packages are a great value and its a perfect place for a girls weekend away. Nice activities including wine tasting and afternoon tea. The grounds are well maintained and fall is a great time to see the foliage.

Cape Cod
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We go every year, 4 of us, for a weekend in an attempt to reconnect and relax. We went last year, and rented a private Villa and had an amazing experience. This year we chose to rent through the Spa. on booking they said we had access to a roll-a-way bed, which we found out, upon checking in, we didn't, forcing one of the ladies to sleep on the floor. We tried to get a bottle of wine delivered to the Villa, but were told they didn't do that. I would think a place of it's caliber would offer that service to it's guests, as the nearest store for such amenities is quite far. The massages we booked varied so greatly in quality that we were surprised to hear one another's experiences. Lisa S., one of the masseuses, garnished the most points for her skill, while another, talked the entire time, completely ruining a first timer's massage experience. There are signs of neglect throughout the hotel and spa, and for the prices we had to pay, one would expect perfection. While we enjoyed our stay, we expected more for the money. Next year we're going to try something different.

2 Thank Yogadragon
simsbury
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We are a group of 4 women who are lucky enough to have a friend whose husband gave her this trip with us as a present for a "special" birthday. The five of us arrived on Monday around noon and stayed until Wednesday evening. This was great timing as the room prices are better and it seemed like it started to get busier as more couples arrived on Wednesday afternoon.

Our rooms were spacious and well-appointed. From start to finish, the service was outstanding. From the people who patiently and with good humor took our multiple phone calls while booking reservations for the spa, to those who provided us with our various services, treatments and classes, the staff in the locker room and the housekeeping and maintenance staffs - without exception they were pleasant, friendly, accomodating, patient, professional, intuitive, discreet, and non- judgemental. (The latter is especially nice when your robe hits the floor for your full body scrub!) They always seemed genuinely glad to see each of us and remembered our names if they saw us again. Their attitude was infectious and other guests seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did.

Overall the food was very good but our suggestion is to offer "spa portions" of some of their selections. Serving size of all courses were hearty and we felt bad when portions of our meals went back to the kitchen because we were too full to finish them (and we are far from itty-bitty eaters, believe me).

We all had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat. The buildings and grounds are beautiful, the spa facilities are immaculate, but they are secondary to the wonderful people who make you feel welcome every minute you are there.

(No pictures to post - what happens at the spa, stays at the spa!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!