“Best Sushi in SE CT”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Mahzu is by far and away the best sushi in South Eastern Connecticut. The staff is great, the fish is fresh and on Sundays there is an all you can eat sushi buffet for about $20. The owner David, is great and very personable.

2  Thank Aaron D

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I love this place for their mix of different rolls, always good always fresh. Staff is always pleasant. They will make anything you request and I love the fried ice cream, a must have every time I go.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

the sushi is as good as any restaurant in the county ... the prices are very reasonable ... the location leaves something to be desired ... well worth a visit

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The drinks are good, the staff is friendly, the portions are enormous, the sushi is to die for! If you haven't tried this restaurant yet, it's probably because you didn't see it, tucked around the corner from the entrance at ShopRite. This place is a true gem! I've never had something there that I didn't love!

And here's the kicker - they really care about their diners. No, really. I have to eat gluten free, so I brought in my own soy sauce a lot. Now they've begun to buy and keep bottles of my brand of soy sauce in-house so I don't have to bring my own anymore! Talk about above and beyond, these folks are amazing!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Mahzu has great drinks! I come here weekly with family and really love the Shrimp Tempura roll, perfect warm shrimp and cold where it's supposed to be. Always satisfied when I come here! The service is a bit slow but good sushi for Norwich CT!