“Worth finding”

Norwich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth finding”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Because of the location, I doubt I would have tried this restaurant if it weren't for the recommendation of a friend, but so glad I did. The sushi is wonderful! I have been there twice to eat in, and the service was very good, but I regularly get take out. The sushi rolls are great and the prices are better than most. Great selection, of sushi, and other choices too. If you are in the Norwich area, do try it.

• Visited March 2013

Norwich, Connecticut
“Best sushi in Norwich!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

...which doesn't say much, but it really is good! A little slow, but the ingredients are fresh, staff is attentive. Crappy location next to the grocery store, but you'd never know it once you're inside.

• Visited January 2013
“Yum.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love the sushi, great on Sundays when is all you can eat and you can try all different kinds. Is always fresh! Too bad it is stuck in a crappy plaza, but worth it.

Norwich, Connecticut
“Great Sushi, despite location”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Mahzu doesn't have the best curb appeal, but the sushi makes up for it. They have a huge selection of special rolls and appetizers as well as choices for people who don't like sushi. I love the "Treasure Island" appetizer: tuna, salmon, whitefish, etc on top of half an avocado with spicy mayo and ponzu sauce. Delish!

• Visited July 2012
Groton, Connecticut
“Great sushi, horrible service!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

They have all you can eat sushi on Sundays, so we decided to go.The way it works is you order the sushi at your table and they bring it to you. We got there and were seated right away. The waitresses seemed friendly and attentive at first. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get our first plate of sushi. My husband was able to get his second about in another 10-15 minute wait. Unfortunately, our baby was starting to fuss, so he took her outside while I waited for my second plate. I waited about 25 minutes and said forget it because we needed to be somewhere and 25 minutes is ridiculous to wait anyway for one plate of sushi. Just to give a time frame, we were there from 5pm till about 6:30pm. They were fairly busy when we went, but that still doesn't excuse our wait. The waitress tried to tell me it was coming right out, but I told her I didn't have time to eat and needed to be somewhere. So, I got up to pay and leave. She apologized and comped the one soft drink my husband had (this place doesn't give free refills, which I read a different review that they do, so who knows?). I wish she would have comped more because I barely got my money's worth. I was still upset about it, so I called them later on and the lady on the phone could only give me excuses about why the wait was so long. It wouldn't have been so bad if she were at least apologetic, but nope. She explained how busy they were and that each order is made to order so it takes time... blah blah blah. All I wanted was an apology and didn't get it. I really wish the service was better because I LOVE sushi and the sushi here is great. And I love the idea of all you can eat. So, bottomline, if you don't mind waiting for all you can eat sushi, eat here on Sundays. Otherwise, come during the other days of the week and hopefully the wait won't be so long.

• Visited June 2012