“Great food, good flavors, good prices”
Review of Thai Spice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Spice
Ranked #59 of 396 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Thai
Massachusetts
“Great food, good flavors, good prices”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've eaten lunch twice now at Thai Spice and both times I really enjoyed the food. The decor is non-descript but the staff is friendly and the service is efficient. I'm not an expert on Thai food but the spring rolls are very good while the soups and main courses at lunch are well prepared, have great flavors balanced with a good amount of spiciness and in general were delicious.

Today I had the Tom Kar soup, which is chicken soup flavored with coconut and mushrooms but the coconut flavor was very subtle. I enjoyed it very much. My main course was the Mango Chicken with red curry and it was nicely spiced and very tasty.

The servings of both the soup and main course were very generous and next time I might not order both for a quick lunch as I left there feeling pretty full. Of course, my friend was smart and took home a doggie bag with his main course leftovers!

Thai Spice is one of those small places in an unassuming spot in a strip mall that provides a very pleasant surprise with the quality of their food. The service is quick and efficient but not at all rushed.

• Visited September 2012

Kelowna, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I really love this restaurant. The only thing that prevent me from giving Thai Spice 5 stars is that their Drunken Noodles are inferior to my favourite Thai restaurant (Kit's Thai Kitchen in Stamford).

Some Pros:
Reasonably priced
Fast service
Order is always correct
Very yummy dumplings, spring rolls, panang curry (mild is best for my taste).
Lots of veggie dishes
They are very nice people, servers are friendly

Cons:
Oddly, they add big tomato chunks to some of their dishes, not too yummy but not the end of the world
They won't budge re: trying to order a lunch portion after 3:30pm. If you order at 3:31pm, it's a dinner portion for much more money

Really, though, very highly recommended.
Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012
Puget Sound, Washington
“Heat was broken, not a good selection”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Unfortunately I chose on a cold day. The heat was broken and the portable heaters did nothing to warm up the place. Crispy tofu was more like toasted bread.

Visited December 2011
Long Island, NY
“Dirty napkin and glass at my table- yick!”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

They put tomatoes in Tom Yum soup- that's a new one. I was the only one in there, and yet I had to track down the waitress for water.

Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“A great Thai place close to home”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I checked this place right after it opened up here in Norwalk. Being a huge fan of Papaya Thai, I was hoping this place could become a second choice for good Thai food. I was NOT disappointed.

The decor is pretty simple, but the wait staff is very helpful and the prices are reasonable.

The night my wife & I went, I had Pad Thai (my favorite) and she had Chow Fun. The Pad Thai was incredible... in some ways better than what I was used to.

My wife really liked the Chow Fun, but added it's "hard to mess that up."

Well whatever the cooks are doing, they should keep it up. I will be returning!

• Visited August 2011