“Not so tasty”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I must be the only person NOT to like Valencia. Had a terrible lunch there recently...my friend had to send her wrap back as it was not as advertised...but neither version was really edible. My food was indifferent, at best...a salad! With limp iceberg lettuce. I loved the margaritas the first time I went...I guess it's good for drinks. Also loud and noisy. I think I'm not the right target market!

2  Thank junojen

Reviewed July 24, 2014

my husband and I took our granddaughters here for lunch and we loved the complimentary guacamole and chips. The baditos, juice/milk drinks, were so delicious and refreshing too. We tried arapas which were tasty, ; mango with brie, tomato with mozzarella, salmon and cream cheese etc. We liked the fun picnic tables with beach umbrellas atop the sand covered front space. Luckily we chose to eat outside as the wait for inside was long. Parking is awful in tiny back space but the lunch was YUM.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I really enjoy ceviche and thought I would give this restaurant a try. I also have a vegetarian son, so we have to go where a vegetarian can eat happily. The restaurant has been full the couple of times I have been there. On the other hand, there is always a table for 2 that can be found when we arrive. Service is efficient and friendly.
Guacamole was excellent and the avocado soup tastes like a soupy guacamole, which I quite liked. The ceviche has a very tomatoey base, kind of like a shrimp cocktail. The lime was adequate, but it could have used a bit more cilantro.
Nevertheless, I think this is a good place for Latin American food.

2  Thank elaine3Southport
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went here to sample their food since they were featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. In my opinion it was nothing to "write home about". Average, and over rated. , would not go out of my way to go there again.

1  Thank JPBarsalou
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for lunch around 3 pm on a Sunday and were stunned the place was almost completely full. Clearly, the food must be good - and it is. We ate inside, since all the outdoor seating was taken.
I had 2 Arepas (the BLT and the Eric - ham, brie, mango), and two Empanadas (Beef Picadillo and the Chipotle Pork). My wife had the "Eric" and the Three Cheese Empanada. We both had a side of Chili Lime Corn on the Cob.
We both liked the "Eric" Arepa. The three ingredients made for a wonderful taste mixture. The BLT was good, but the Eric was better.
I liked both Empanadas, and although the crusts were slightly overdone, the filling was excellent. The Three Cheese was a bit heavy, and as my wife said, "it was almost like a calzone."
Without a doubt, the best part of the meal was the Chili Lime Corn. It's covered in a cheese and lime sauce with a liberal amount of paprika sprinkled on top. Excellent dish - and make sure to get a couple of extra napkins because the sauce WILL get all over your face.
For dessert we had the Nutella & Peanut Butter Empanada. The PB and Nutella could probably be mixed together a little better, but a nice dessert to end the meal.
My wife also had the Mango Iced tea, which she liked and I had the Banana Batidos which reminded me of a Lite Banana milk shake.
There were lots of other items on the menu we wanted to try, but stayed with the smaller items on our first visit. We will definitely be coming back to try some of the sandwiches and other sides.