“Excellent Venezulian food.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great comfortable yet hip atmosphere. Good sangrias. Haven't had arepas like these since trip to venezula. Mango tilapia dish was delicious. Would go back again and again if I lived closer. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Moved sometime summer 2012 to a larger location with a bar. The larger location served to accommodate the larger following since Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. Food remains innovative and excellent. Bar service a plus. Expect to wait for a table but worth it.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Been there several times, Their green salsita is a home run. The atmosphere is cool, they change the decor once in a while. Always love it. The menu with branch items is written daily by hand on a big paper sheet on the wall. Nice touch :)

Have tried and was impressed:
- arepas (with different fillings) - require them to be skillet-roasted, it will save you 300 cal at least
- salad with glaze pecans and grilled apples
- side of rice and beans (my favourite)
- side of sweet plantains with sour cream (or maybe they were bananas)
- crab cakes with mango salsa and pickled cabbage
- mango iced tea (de-li-cious)
- mango batido (loved it as a dessert - too thick for a beverage)

Have tried and was NOT impressed (the food was good, just didn't wow me)
- banana-crusted tilapia (too sweet) (the portion was way too large - but it's a plus, not a drawback)
- empanadas (they have only deep-fried option - to fatty to my taste)
- yucca fries (we like mashed potato puree formed into sticks and deep-fried)
- flan (cloyingly sweet)

On to-try list
- ceviche
- dijon painted salmon
- paella

Last time the waitress got mistaken and almost charged us for 3 batidos instead of two, but it was corrected fast. Anybody will get tired by the end of the shift, so we didn't get it wrong.

Nice place - you need to go and check it out for yourself. But prepare to make a line - they are always full. There is never a parking space or a table available.

1  Thank jen r
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Valencia is a casual place with terrific food. My husband and I enjoy going during the week or on the weekends. FYI they are closed for dinner on Monday and I believe Tuesday night as well! We haven't had a bad meal! There are always delicious dinner specials and the mojitos are great. There are lots of choices on the menu, along with an entire list of empanadas and arepas. We went the other night with a large group of people and the staff were very accommodating and every person that came with us said that they could't wait to return. We highly suggest Valencia!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went here on recomendations of several people. I was disappointed. Ordered a small criviche,it was good, having several small shrimp and scallops, nice lime taste. Had two empenades, one beef relanos, one spinach and cheese. Both came cold, the beef was flavorful, the spinach/cheese was plain. Finished with flan which was creamy/eggy, with good taste. I had both the waitress and helper drop untensils on me, one stained my pants. Waitress was indifferent to this. I had to ask for water and soap to clean. The waitress was very slow in bringing out dishes out, hence the cold empenades. Other tables were served quicker. Mentioned the cold food to waitress, no attempt to correct. Wife asked for water,it never came. Sound system was poor, all I could hear was boom, boom, boom!