“Nice hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were in the darien connenecut area for a wedding. We had never been to this area of Ct. before and found it quite lovely and the hotel was very nice and comforable. I loved the cookies on arrival but did not buy any to bring home as i thought a bit pricey. Most of the out of town guest for this wedding were staying at the hotel so very nice to get together. buses to all the venues worked perfectly. Was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GerardoGuerrero, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We welcome busses and other vechicles with special parking needs. Please contact us in advance and we are happy to provide a designated space. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Overall, the hotel had a little bit of a run down feel referring to the exterior building and public areas. Although, the bartender, I didn't ask her name, was very friendly. Also, the rooms were very clean and I was impressed. As an employee of a company which is an owner/operator of roughly 10 Hiltons 99% of the time, I'm upgraded to the executive floor. (This being the 1% I wasn't) Although, as a constellation, I was given 2 cookies. I did not feel valued as a Hilton honors member here what so ever. From the other reviews which I've read, the feeling is mutual. You would think a Hilton employee visiting another Hilton would be treated well. I can't imagine how the HHonors people are treated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Our hotel offers complimentary upgrades to preimum accommodations on the Executive Level in accordance with the Hilton Honors program. Room upgrades, based on availability at check-in, are a benefit for Gold and Diamond honors members. The Doubletree by Hilton, Norwalk provides upgrades in accordance with this program. Guests who are Hilton honors members that have not yet reached Gold or Diamond status, or for our guests who are not members of the program, can choose to book these premium accommodations at the time of reservation.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This Doubletree Hilton was just OK. The property was fine for one night but I had a bad experience in the room that the staff did not take seriously. I did not feel valued as a guest and Hilton honors member here. I come to Norwalk for business a couple times a year and I will choose other hotels before here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Our goal is to make each guest feel valued. We would like to learn more about where we fell short of reaching your expectations and invite you to contact the hotels General Manager directly so that we may have the opportunity to serve you in the future. Let us make it right. Please contact Gerardo Guerrero at 203-523-2201.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our daughter booked a block of rooms at the Double Tree for her wedding this September and our family and friends were glad she did. The hotel was excellent and the room block price was very affordable. All the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, especially the front desk staff who were so accommodating and nice. The rooms were very clean and looked like they were recently renovated. Some of our guests used the hotel shuttle to take them to restaurants and to the wedding festivities which were close by, and they were very happy with the friendly and on time service they received. This hotel is convenient to shopping and is centrally located. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing us to be a part of such an important occasion. We love going the extra mile for wedding groups and will work to meet all your special requests and help create a memorable weekend. The Doubletree offers 265 guest rooms and ample dining options and event space and is the perfect place to arrange a block of rooms for out of town guests.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were staying at this doubletree for a wedding. I was satisfied with the trip until I when I was packing up my family (my husband, 1 year old and 2 year old), I found 2 used condoms underneath the side of one of the beds from a previous guest that one of my children had found and had played with. I was completely disgusted. Check out with 2 small children is not easy, but had it been only me, I would have discussed with a manager. Instead I emailed when I got home. This incident is very upsetting to me and feel it was a MAJOR miss on housekeepings part!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We regret that we fell short of expectations in the housekeeping department. Thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel was not up to the quality I expected from a DoubleTree/Hilton property. The location was convenient, and the staff were friendly, but the hotel just felt outdated and unclean. The hallways were hot and muggy, and our room just felt damp and unpleasant. The bathroom was not as clean as I expected. It looked like the lobby and other common areas had recently been renovated, but the rooms could use some work as well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We are always working towards improving our product and service. Many upgrades have occured recently including a brand hew bedding package, which can be seen in our photo tour online. In fall of 2013 all carpet was replaced in guest rooms and hallways. All of our guest rooms offer 32' flat screen televisions. We take pride in these upgrades and strive to offer a quality experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good things: great location, good food, friendly staff, good value. The place looks very nice and is well maintained. The bar was very nice. The room was relatively standard, but everything was clean, updated and comfortable. Weakness: the hotel entrance is on a very busy road, and entering and exiting the property feels dangerous. I would recommend this as a very well maintained corporate type property. No charming extras, but a good solid business stay.

Room Tip: No view here, so room location is irrelevant. I stayed on the executive floor on a weekend and it wa...