“Good quality for a quick stop”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
nj
“Good quality for a quick stop”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Serves the purpose. We went to Norwalk for an ice hockey tournament and this hotel was very convenient. Comfortable beds, nice shower. Close to 95. 10 min from from the arena. Walking distance restaurants and stores - on the same road. Hard to park when busy.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridor have little refrigerator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We are pleased you found the hotel to be convenient and look forward to seeing you on a future trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Newbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stay here almost weekly over past 2 months. Good value via PL. Hilton level quality, nice 30" flat screen TV. Co-workers complain of HVAC or ice machine noise at some room locations, but doesn't bother me at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It's great to hear you found the Doubletree by Hilton to be a good value during your recent stay. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.
Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

As busy as this place was over the holiday weekend it could easily have been a miserable disaster. But the very adequate and capable staff did a great job! During our visit there were 4 large wedding parties, a bar mitzvah and a girls soccer team visiting and this is only a modestly sized property,
Beds and linens were very nice - pillows were A+. The room and bathroom were comfortably appointed but small by most standards, My room and all the common areas were very clean.
This property has some years on it and I don't think it was built to the highest of standards, it was only recently converted to a Doubletree. Soundproofing could be better; light sleepers may want to consider earplugs.
Our stay was less than perfect, we had an issue with the commode and hairdryer but a call to the desk quickly brought the troops. It really was all about the staff, good job!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliment of the Staff at the Doubletree by Hilton. We are pleased to hear you found the staff to be excellent at the hotel during your visit. Please come back and visit us again!
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as a get away night with my husband. If you're looking for spectacular views this isn't the place unless you love looking a Costco. It has a nice pool and and decent lounge. The rooms are clean and a good size. We were treated very nice by the front desk

• Stayed August 2012
Than you for your recommendation of the Doubletree by Hilton. We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay.
Columbia, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here using a Living Social voucher on Labor Day weekend. Our trip included tickets to the Norwalk Aquarium. The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. The warm cookies were delicious and a welcome treat. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was buffet style and that was delicious as well. We were able to check into our room early which made our trip a little easier. Overall, a nice hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
It's great to hear you enjoyed your recent trip to Norwalk. We are thrilled you experienced the Doubletree by Hilton while in town and hope to see you again on your next trip.
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed in a number of Doubletree hotels in different cities and I have never been disappointed in the rooms or in the level of service they provide to their guests. The added bonus of a warm chocolate chip cookie is just another plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Norwalk. Please come back to the hotel again soon, and of course we will be sure to welcome you with one of our famous warm chocolate chip cookies!
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have to admit- I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading some reviews that said that the hotel had problems with bedbugs in the past. But I had already booked here and everything else in Norwalk and surrounding areas was sold out and the reviews were from more than 6 months ago. I was nervous about the possibility of bed bugs so I made sure to learn about how to check for them online. I got to the room and did the necessary checks- and didn't find any bugs. I figured I was fine and went about my business.

As I was about to go to bed- I figured I'd do one final check (I'm a little paranoid- I know) and I'm so glad I did!! I took the sheets off the bed and looked and there was a tiny bug crawling across the sheet!!! I obviously kind of freaked out and went online to see exactly what bed bugs look like since I had never seen one in person. I can't be positive but the bug looked enough like a bed bug for me to sleep in the tub that night.

Other than that, the hotel was great. Everyone was very friendly, the location was good and the hotel was nice but if you have another option in Norwalk- I would recommend taking it. It's not worth the stress of wondering if you might get bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Irishgirl126
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Any concerns regarding pest issues are addressed immediately with an outside company hired for pest control. Although no evidence of pests has been found in the hotel, we take these concerns very seriously.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk? Share your experiences!