“Bathroom has roaches. Decent Breakfast, good cookies of course.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Room was clean an efficeint, but the bathroom had roaches. Maid service was good excep they didn't always re-flll the coffee set up. Hilton Gold members weren't always given (in my case) the upgrade in room.

Nice property, close to a Costco and other eateries. "Business Center" is marginal at best. Gym is nicely fitted out but the treadmills are in need of software attention as the programming on all three is not working completely. Good free weight assortment.

Room Tip: Room had great air conditioning, cooled down nicely.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank pekopper
DTNorwalk, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

We appreciate the time you took to share your recent experience. Any concerns regarding pest issues are addressed immediately with an outside company hired for pest control. Although we have found no evidence of pests in the hotel, we take these concerns very seriously. We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Doubletree by Hilton again in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I enjoyed staying at this hotel primarily for two reasons:
1. Late evening personal was courteous and accomodating to my needs. This is usually only encountered at Four Season-style hotels, so it was nice to know that this hotel is good at this as well.
2. They have really comfy bed, which us extremely important for me after a busy day and before another busy one.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank TheOneWhoLovesTravel
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Norwalk, CT. Until then, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a slightly below average Doubletree, which serves its purposes as a stopping point on I-95 in southern Connecticut. The parking can become scarce at peak times and the rooms are a bit dated, but otherwise this is a fairly good value for a very clean hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively equal at this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank FPodesta
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Many of our guests agree the Doubletree's location is easily accessible for I-95 travelers. In addition, we're proud our most recent projects including a complete lobby rennovation, guestroom upgrades including brand new 32" flat screen televisions, a new and contemporary restaurant and lounge, and exterior painting. Most recently, our complimentary wireless internet service has been upgraded to better serve our guests with fast and reliable internet access - at no cost. At the Doubletree by Hilton, Norwalk, you'll notice our ongoing efforts to provide the best quality product and guest experience possible. Check out our website for the most recent photos of our hotel where you can see all we have to offer!

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed three nights at this hotel. It is at a good location close to I-95, has free parking and clean, well-kept rooms. Some of the staff however, leaves something to be desired.

During the second night of my stay in Early May, the Food Service Manager left a voice mail on my hotel phone saying that I had eaten at their Hilton Honors (HHonors) Lounge on the 8th floor despite not being a Gold/Diamond level participant. He said he would let it pass, but if I did it again, he would slap me with a $15 dollar charge. The only problem is.... I had never set foot on their 8th floor or even heard of HHonors.

I called the extension the Food Service Manager left and got voicemail on each of three tries. I left two messages saying they made a mistake. He did not have the courtesy to call me back. I told him in the voicemail I always ate at Saffire restaurant (for us lower-level riff-raff). Speaking of Saffire, on my last morning I entered the restaurant and was promptly told by the busy server to "help myself" to the hot coffee. There were about eight pots on a small table..... the servers have the annoying habit of giving you the check before you ask for it (In case you don't pay I guess).

That's the difference between HHonors Lounge and Saffire I guess, in HHonors, they kiss your butt, in Saffire, they slap your butt. And be careful using the towels, there're right next to the toilet and there might be some splah.... if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank scarbora
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the convenience of the location and the guestrooms at the Doubletree by Hilton. Thank you for letting us know of your experience during your recent stay. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

A positive feature of this hotel is that it offers more services than other chain hotels or motels in the area. They have a restaurant, bar, fitness room and pool. They have room service and laundry. But the quality of the overall experience is similar to staying in a motel. The rooms have the basics, and some even have a couch with coffee table. But our rooms on the second floor overlooked some kind of machinery and had odors from the restaurant. There were conference lunches in meeting rooms a few feet away from our rooms. They stopped serving lunch in the main restaurant at 1:30. Traffic issues getting in and out of the parking lot are a nightmare, as the staff there readily admit. The wireless internet connection was weak and there was no wired internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room. Negotiate price.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DianeMR
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent experience and would like to opportunity to serve you again on a future visit. New and improved internet service will be available in the very near future. We thank you for letting us know where improvement is needed.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

And you would have a great round hotel that business people want to stay in... At the moment the wi-fi speed is so poor I can not wait to get out of here...

• Stayed: April 2011

We always appreciate feedback as it helps us to focus our efforts on the issues that are important to our guests. The Doubletree by Hilton, Norwalk is currently undergoing an upgrade to our internet service and are pleased to annouce new and improved service will be available to our guests in the very near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

The hotel is in a great location to the highways. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food at the hotel restaurant and bar is great. The gym has plenty of machines for a workout on the road and includes towels and headphones. I would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Doubletree by Hilton, Norwalk. We hope to welcome you back with one of our famous warm chocolate chip cookies again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk? Share your experiences!