All reviews guest house outdoor pool prime rib bottled water breakfast buffet new england wedding reception full service coffee maker hotel restaurant mini fridge yogurt home away from home front desk staff business trip enjoyed my stay stew
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This was the perfect place for our son's wedding block of rooms for a nearby wedding venue. We also hosted the rehearsal dinner and morning after breakfast buffet at the Inn. Our guests were comfortable and well cared for at this hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others. I hope to visit the Inn on another occasion when we are in the area. In addition, "Betty" at the front desk, "Jimmy" in catering, and "Shirley" were all considerate of the needs of our friends and family- Thanks again to all! We also enjoyed use of the pool after our guests left, as we unwound from a fun wedding weekend!

Room tip: ask for one of the upper floors (3rd floor) for newer, more spacious rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My family just returned from another great vacation at the Norwalk Inn in Norwalk, Connecticut. We discovered this hotel about 17 years ago and have continued to visit 1-2 times per year for vacations in town. We are a family of mixed tastes and high expectations and The Norwalk Inn has always lived up to our standards! Their variety of accommodations (hotel rooms, suites, luxury Guest House rooms) at 2 different buildings gives us options depending on our length of stay and our plans. We’ve stayed in both buildings and each one is lovely. Note that the Historic Guest House is a great deal for families and comes with a full kitchen which is really convenient. Most importantly, the customer service is consistently great! They are always flexible to meet my requests and I love the perks: free WIFI, morning beverage service, bottled water, late check-out. The property is continuously maintained so it always looks clean and fresh. There are tons of activities like shopping, site seeing, a pool, the beaches basketball, children’s store's and programs so you can keep busy nearby...or do nothing as you wish. Finally, we like the location which is just slightly outside of the Stamford traffic, but an easy drive to the parks and malls.

Room tip: Guest House and 3rd floor rooms are a premium upgrade.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018

This hotel is an amazing find in terms of service, location and amenities. The staff went above and beyond to help us find things-to-do and offer suggestions and promptly assisted us with requests to make us more comfortable, like provide extra pillows, and coffee. The location is in a lovely historic part of town, and there was a music concert on the Green one block away, and the hotel was just the ideal spot. The pool was refreshing and set back so it felt like a big city escape. There was a wedding group there the weekend I was there and I am told this Inn is one of the most popular country club wedding destinations in the surrounding area, and with the great food and bar on site I can see why.

Room tip: Go to Town Green, one block away when there is a festival.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2018

I booked a room w Expedia. My meeting was held over for a day. I called before 2pm to cancel the room. They said they had to wait to confirm. Next I get an email, They will not allow the refund. Unreasonable , deceptive policy... Scam ? Don't go here or use Expedia for that matter

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was just OK. Check in was easy, the young woman working at reception was very welcoming. The room was fine for a one night stay, but it was in need of upkeep. The bathroom door lock was broken. The TV remote was missing the battery door. The beds were comfortable but very squeaky. Room was clean and cool though.
The pool was nice and open late, no towels though so we had to go back to the room to get bath towels. The bartender seemed bothered by our presence at 9:00pm in a mostly empty bar, but we were told it was open until 10. She made no attempt to be personable or even pleasant- it was almost humorous.
The breakfast buffet was small and basic: eggs, bacon, pancakes, some breads and cereals, and coffee and juice.
In all, it served our purpose for a cheap, non-motel stopover. I might stay again if needed, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

Trip type: Traveled with family