“Warm and friendly”

The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent hotel and conference center where people are treated really well.
I have stayed at this hotel many times and it would be my first choice in Norwalk and surrounding areas. Find out for yourself and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelingcomments

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I attended a 50th Anniversary celebration that was centered at the Inn. It is a very attractive, nicely landscaped facility with a welcoming feeling about it. The accommodations were clean as a whistle, nicely appointed and with a warm, comfortable ambiance. The staff was more than helpful. The night clerk fixed me a late night snack upon my after-midnight arrival and another staff kindly printed out my airline boarding pass thus defeating the computer's determination not to let me do so!.The provisions for the opening reception, dinner and entertainment were impeccable and the food delicious! (If you like New England clam chowder, I found their's to be the absolute best!). Norwalk is an old New England town and to me, The Norwalk Inn continues to have a sense of the tradition of the area at the same time that it offers all the modern conveniences anyone would wish.....along with great fluffy pillows....and a swimming pool!

Room Tip: Be mindful that there is no elevator but it is only 2 stories and I found the stairs no problem. St...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed here while at an event at Cedars Point. It is very convenient and hence why I chose it. The restaurant is OK and the breakfast is good. The problems are 1) small rooms and the worst part 2) terrible air conditioning and 3) thin walls and a minor point - not near any restaurants so you pretty much have to eat at their restaurant. With regard to noise, the people next door had a fight in the middle of the night and I could hear EVERY word! Be careful if you plan to go there and argue with your spouse - it will not be a private conversation. I guess if you want a motel like environment with terrible air conditioning this place is for you - except for the price. Stick with the Marriott suites - at least you will have air conditioning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abstraction
Reviewed May 23, 2013

ROBERT SAYS ....
Over the years, I'm guessing about 10, whenever I've had the occasion to venture into the Norwalk, Ct. area I've made it a point to stay at the Norwalk Inn for some simple yet essential reasons : it's always comfortable ; friendly ; courteous and clean ... Well disposed to seeing after the visitor's needs, and I have witnessed in that time period an upgrading of their services and amenities. The rooms are spacious and well lighted; always on the mark with cleanliness ; the beds plainly assigned for a comfortable night's rest. When I have ordered room service, their "in-house" restaurant, Adam's Rib, the fare has been plentiful; sumptuous; tasty and well within the market price range found in most high quality restaurants. I have no qualms about rating the Inn as highly as i have.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I stopped here on a long trip home from PA to MA on May 12, 2013, when I grew too tired to drive any longer, and finding this hotel was a blessing after a long day on the road. Though small, the rooms were very clean, charmingly decorated, and had a cozy feel to them. The TV, coffee maker, and other appliances all seemed new, the bed was comfortable, and the staff helpful and courteous. The breakfast was excellent, and plentiful, and I loved the sea-motif wallpaper in our room, and the ship mural in the breakfast room. One of the nicest places I've stayed in some time, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is very pleasant. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the room was clean, not huge but adequate, and the bed was very comfortable. The heating/ air conditioning unit worked very well, which has often not been the case in other motels I have stayed in. The two negatives I have are: 1) we were told when we checked in that it was possible to order a la carte from the breakfast menu, but when we went down to the restaurant the next morning, the maitre d' said we could only have the brunch. We are not big breakfast eaters and did not want to spend $12 for food we were not going to eat. (Fortunately there was a diner down the road.) 2) Two young men in the room next to ours were talking very loudly and also had their tv on to add to the din. When I knocked on the door and asked if they could be quiet, they complied and we were no longer bothered by the noise, so in all honesty I don't know if the walls are so thin that anything above a low tone would have carried, or if they were being exceptionally loud. All in all I would recommend this hotel but be prepared to either have the brunch or eat breakfast elsewhere!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steffi S
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I will be going to Norwalk again this spring so I looked up the inn on Tripadvisor to see how it was doing. Overall, pretty good, which is not surprising. However, I noticed the "Shame On" review posted in November about how the inn handled things following Hurricane Sandy. I was surprised by what the reviewer said and felt I just had to respond. We have been going to the inn for several years now -- probably have spent some 12 or 13 weekends there. What we have seen at the inn is unfailing kindness to and consideration of its guests and its neighbors. Once we met a family with a lot of children who had just lost their home in a fire. Management went out its way to make this family feel comfortable and secure as they slowly began to recover from this tragedy, in which they lost everything they owned. That is just one example.
Carol from NYC

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kurtis333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
#4 of 11 in Norwalk
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!