The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
$138
ExtendedStay
$159
EVEN Hotel Norwalk(Norwalk)(Great Value!)
$110
$173
$151
Travelocity
Dolce Norwalk(Norwalk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsguest houseoutdoor poolprime ribfinishing toucheshistoric neighborhoodhardwood floorsdairy storebottled waterhave stayed here many timescoffee makerfull servicehot breakfastnew york citymini fridgeyogurtwould recommend this hotel to anyonehotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

An Inn with all the Amenities at an okay price. The special reason to stay at the Norwalk Inn is the exceptional staff. On checking in I was greeted with professional smiles by Carol Ann and Adrian. They were very helpful answering my many question. Over 60 other members of our HS Class were staying at the Inn for our 50th. We had three days of activities and events that were very well supported. The Inn is a great place to have a conference and a reunion. Another receptionist I must mention is Jackie. Upon returning several of us discussed with her how the staff especially appreciated our Class staying at the Inn. The bartender Liz T. makes drinking with a few mates in a hotel bar loads of fun. The dining was excellent with a great staff and a extremely attentive and customer oriented manager. As I said, the staff made it a point to engage the guests specializing in making them feel welcome. Upon leaving, I was invited back by the owner. I definitely plan on returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

As locals who lost power during Hurricane Sandy, we booked a room at the Inn, as the temperature dropped into the 30's and our home was too cold to stay. The staff immediately told us that in addition to a 4 night minimum imposed during that post-Hurricane that weekend, we'd have to sign a paper stating we could not get a refund for canceling or leaving early if they lost power.
Reading so many heartwarming stories of residents and businesses pitching in to help their neighbors, Norwalk Inn should be ashamed of themselves trying to profit from their own community during this time when so many were literally out in the cold. With a room shortage in town during these cold nights, they could easily have rebooked the room. I would never recommend the hotel for this reason.
Do give high marks to the dining room staff and the housekeeping staff, who were very friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: The room was small but comfortable enough for our needs. We had a room in the back at the end and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Annie F
NorwalkInn, Front Office Manager at The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

We are proud of the hotel's response to the emergency presented by the 'Hurricane Sandy'. Because of extensive pre-storm preparation and because of uncommon staff efforts, the Inn was able to maintain the independent electrical power during the region's extensive blackouts. Many guests offered personal thanks for our continued shelter and amenities, and we were happy to be of service.

As you noted, during the emergency the Norwalk Inn requested that our guests stay for at least four days. There were two principle reasons for this.

First, we projected that the great majority of hotel guests would be unaffected by the request. This did prove to be the case, actually; local electrical outages were so dire that almost all guests stayed with us not just for four days, but for a week or more. For almost all guests, the four-day request was moot issue.

Second, we used the four-day request in order to give priority to families in truly dire situations. Large families who were likely to lose power for at least four days abided by our request with no hesitation; it was individuals who passed through town for a day or two who refused our request. In this way, we freed up a greatest possible number of rooms for families.

In sum, we gave every effort to maximize our capacity to help, then placed a fair-minded priority on those in the greatest need. I am not at all "ashamed" of the Norwalk Inn's response; quite the contrary.

We hope you find the above response to be reasonable, and that it might persuade you to remove your Trip Advisor posting in the near future.

We are also happy that because we take our customers added peace of mind, so seriously, we now have 100% full indpendant generators installed.

If you would like to discuss the issue further, please do not hesitate to contact us personally at anytime.

Thanks for your attention.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My firm booked this location for a busniess meeting recently. I found the meeting and front desk staff to be very accomodating, friendly and willing to answer any question I had. My room was very quiet and clean and everything worked well. I had dinner and breakfast at Adam's Rib, ordered off of the menu and had an excellent meal with a very attentive server. I enjoyed the hotel area and ammenities during several downtime opportunities. The grounds are beautiful and my experience was one that I would like to return here for pleasure someday.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I checked into the Norwalk Inn late on the Sunday before Hurricane Sandy hit. The Inn looks out of place where it is located in an older section of town. There was no one at the front desk and I had to wait for two different employees to find the front desk clerk. After that hiccup check in went smoothly. The room I was given was a single King and small does not do the room justice. They should have not put a king bed in that room. A single double bed or maybe a queen but they had to shoe horn in the king to make it fit. I was feeling a bit claustrophobic in the room. On the plus side the room was clean, there was a mini refrigerator and the television is a modern flat panel and not the old tube that is shown in all the Inn literature. The bathroom though bright reminded me more of a college dorm bathroom.
Of course after checking in I was informed by business was cancelled and I was to get out as soon as possible Monday morning to avoid be trapped in the hurricane.
There was no problem cancelling my reservation as they could readily sell my room to the utility personnel amassing to help out with the hurricane aftermath.
I did eat in the hotel restaurant (check out my review) that night.
The bed had a foam top to the mattress and I did not find it supportive or comfortable.
In the morning, the shower was powerful, hot and the tub drained nicely.
It was early and when I went to check out almost all of the lights in the lobby were turned off. It was spooky and a little weird. I have never seen that before.
If I return to Norwalk I think I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WK0119
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had previously reviewed this hotel with comments, I am certain this hotel found distrurbing alas
they contacted me immediately and refunded my bill 100%. They also asked that I retract any negative comments as they were working on improving their hotel service. I advised the hotel staff I would not be able to retract my comments because I felt they were sincere. BUT I would let it be known that they did refund my money and were working deligently to improve all aspects of their hotel and service.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family