“Excellent business trip location”

Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Oakdale, Pennsylvania
“Excellent business trip location”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My firm booked this location for a busniess meeting recently. I found the meeting and front desk staff to be very accomodating, friendly and willing to answer any question I had. My room was very quiet and clean and everything worked well. I had dinner and breakfast at Adam's Rib, ordered off of the menu and had an excellent meal with a very attentive server. I enjoyed the hotel area and ammenities during several downtime opportunities. The grounds are beautiful and my experience was one that I would like to return here for pleasure someday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joanna S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
OHIO
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I checked into the Norwalk Inn late on the Sunday before Hurricane Sandy hit. The Inn looks out of place where it is located in an older section of town. There was no one at the front desk and I had to wait for two different employees to find the front desk clerk. After that hiccup check in went smoothly. The room I was given was a single King and small does not do the room justice. They should have not put a king bed in that room. A single double bed or maybe a queen but they had to shoe horn in the king to make it fit. I was feeling a bit claustrophobic in the room. On the plus side the room was clean, there was a mini refrigerator and the television is a modern flat panel and not the old tube that is shown in all the Inn literature. The bathroom though bright reminded me more of a college dorm bathroom.
Of course after checking in I was informed by business was cancelled and I was to get out as soon as possible Monday morning to avoid be trapped in the hurricane.
There was no problem cancelling my reservation as they could readily sell my room to the utility personnel amassing to help out with the hurricane aftermath.
I did eat in the hotel restaurant (check out my review) that night.
The bed had a foam top to the mattress and I did not find it supportive or comfortable.
In the morning, the shower was powerful, hot and the tub drained nicely.
It was early and when I went to check out almost all of the lights in the lobby were turned off. It was spooky and a little weird. I have never seen that before.
If I return to Norwalk I think I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WK0119
Ferndale, Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had previously reviewed this hotel with comments, I am certain this hotel found distrurbing alas
they contacted me immediately and refunded my bill 100%. They also asked that I retract any negative comments as they were working on improving their hotel service. I advised the hotel staff I would not be able to retract my comments because I felt they were sincere. BUT I would let it be known that they did refund my money and were working deligently to improve all aspects of their hotel and service.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Our second room was fine...the first one had a torturous leaky faucet in the tiny bathroom! It was clean, but the carpet made it feel yucky- I agree with other reviewers on the nasty carpet. The beds are new and comfortable and the breakfast was a hot buffet with a nice selection. It was included in the room price which made our stay very affordable. It is located in a very historic neighborhood, so it was perfect for walking to restaurants, historic sites and shops.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a conference booked and if there is, don't stay on the first floor. The restaura...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was OKk as an overnight stop from the interstate, but certainly not that great. THe reception area was a bit smelly and the breakfast we medioca. The room was a fair size and the bed was OK . The reception staff were not that friendly either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christopher W
Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival we ask for a renovated rooms from TA advise. The women checking us in help us get those. Ok I know coming from a design background I was like really this is renovated to 2012? The worst is the carpet going up the stairs ? Old and dirty! And if you don't get the the free breakfast don't pay .

• Stayed October 2012
Mount Holly, Vermont
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have never written a bad review.....ever. But this time I have to write a review so maybe it will make a difference. I was supposed to stay at Norwalk Inn last Friday night but when I arrived they did not have any non-smoking rooms. (In the hotel's defense, I booked last minute through Hotels.com and was not told that there was a possibility that a nonsmoking room may not be available.) When I got to the hotel at midnight, I was told by a very nice employee that they did not have any non-smoking rooms and that if I did not want to stay he would cancel my reservation . I went and looked at the smoking room and it was super smokey and the carpets were disgusting. I decided to go to another hotel and cancel the reservation. This is when the terrible customer service started. I called the hotel to get a refund and the Managers avoided my calls, NEVER returned my calls and most everyone that I spoke to over the last 3 days was super rude. Clearly this staff does not care about the guest's experience.

Room Tip: Smoking room had stained carpets and smelled super smokey.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family