“good food/value, wonderful breakfasts”

Silver Star Restaurant-Diner
Ranked #30 of 396 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I do enjoy diner food. Last time I was there was for breakfast which was perfectly prepared....eggs over easy with bacon, my companion had eggs benedict which was huge and she brought home for the next day. Bottomless cup of coffee, wonderful service.

1  Thank ABW401

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

The eggs were very good. The oatmeal was made well and served hot. The French toast was thick and tasty. I would recommend this restaurant for breakfast.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We decided to go tag sale shopping, but after were very hungry, we saw the diner, looked like a down home type of place, which we LOVE! Walk in, got seated, sat waiting for service, 10 minutes later, a young waitress comes over, she takes our order and we order water. We wait 15 minutes, no drinks, our food comes, my boyfriend ordered a buffalo burger, thinking it was going to be a spicy burger, no it was buffalo meat, which was not stated on the menu. I ordered just a hamburger, completely burnt, bun and burger. I complained to the woman taking our plates, which was not our waitress I guess, but we never saw her. The hostess took off $3 from the bill, but that was not enough. My boyfriend gave the one woman $2 because she was extremely apologetic. I will never return, and won't recommend.

1  Thank krystled99
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had Breakfast: Pancakes, sausage , bacon & eggs.. For a diner the food was good .. The pancakes were tasty & the bacon was really good & smoky flavored. I would eat here again. My only complaint is the interior is old & dated. The service was good but I would eat here again.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a egg and ham sandwichit was very good and the price was very fair the coffee was pretty good too.