“Cows Beware!”
Review of Washington Prime

Washington Prime
Ranked #26 of 459 Restaurants in Norwalk
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Washington Prime has the privilege of framing SoNo’s newest structure at the corner of Washington Street and Water Street. Adding to this historic and progressive waterside community, this highly anticipated Eating + Drinking Well is driven by a culinary and beverage program that is not about gimmicks - just honesty and creativity. No stranger to high impact restaurants, Washington Prime is brought to you by some of the area’s most dynamic restaurateurs. The land and sea menu is a bit of Americana with cross-cultural influences, the space is multi-dimensional and the attitude is left at the door. Here, we eat, we drink and we join in the fun.
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

Our son was home from college for Thanksgiving, and our daughter just got her ACTscores, so we celebrated with dinner at WP. Inferno margarita fantastic. Tuna poke and priscuito c were wonderful. The kids had filet mignon, done just right. Parents had burgers. Tender, juicy, tasty. Chef knows meat. If u are a cow stay away from this place because you will be cooked to perfection! And my one-word eulogy will be YUM!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Drugscience

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

So my friend and I took a day trip to Norwalk and decided after reading the reviews about this restaurant to eat here. Great location great atmosphere inside and outside. Sat outside as the weather was so nice for a late September day. We ordered the Prime Burger and a breakfast sandwich. After 45 minutes of waiting we started to get cranky. Not knowing what was going on we asked and the waiter said there was an issue between the front staff and the chefs. Not happy about that as we were both very hungry. We complained again but soon after that the food came out. It was delicious. One of the best burgers I have ever had and the breakfast sandwich was phenomenal. The manager apologized and gave us a free meal That’s what a professional restaurant does is a situation like this. I saw the prime steaks coming out and they looked amazing. I will for sure go back and try the steaks!!!! Scotty the assistant manager and Jeff the waiter handled this situation with a professional manner.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here last night. Service was good. Food was good, but expensive. Steak starts at $38 and for that you don’t get a side salad or even veggies! For 2 entrees, 2 sides, one dessert, bottle of wine plus 2 glasses it was $188!!!
We won’t return. Can get a great meal elsewhere for 1/2 that

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We had a fabulous brunch here with a large group of friends this past weekend. Service was EXCELLENT! They knew we were a large party and kept clearing dishes and keeping water glasses full all afternoon.

The brunch itself was small but VERY good quality- no cheap "filler" foods here. I would have liked a bit more variety of dessert like donuts, croissants or mini cheesecakes. The charcuterie board was yummy, mini bagels were unnecessary and flavorless IMO but could have been jazzed up with the provided lox items. Desserts included danish, mini cannoli, mini eclairs, mini iced brownies and one vanilla cupcake (in 3 different colors) decorated like a muppet. Make your own yogurt parfait was nice and the fruit was very good- fresh mixed berries, a bowl of cantaloupe, watermelon and pineapple. Sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes and french toast were standard. Pasta with cheese was greasy and the only "filler" food on this buffet. Grilled chicken looked good, but I didn't have any. Raw oysters and cooked shrimp were the only raw bar offerings. Cooked to order waffles were tasty as was the carving station with prime rib (the only offering). I would have liked to see a turkey or ham option here as well. The cooked to order omelets looked really good too.

For $35 all you care to enjoy, including one drink of your choice (mimosa, Bellini, bloody Mary or Moscow Mule) was a great price for a small but quality buffet with excellent service and a nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Had the 8oz. filet mignon. That is all I got, just the filet mignon. It comes with nothing else and was quite pricey for no sides to come with it. BUT...let me tell you....the tenderest filet I ever had in my life, just literally melts in your mouth! Grilled watermelon for appetizer was good too.

Date of visit: June 2018