“A nice gem - where byob is still available”
Review of Nicholas Roberts Fine Foods - CLOSED

Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Connecticut
“A nice gem - where byob is still available”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good food and an excellent staff - byob is only 5.00 per bottle for corkage - amazing! Have the french fries and the crayfish beignets

• Visited June 2012

ct
“Best restaurant in Fairfield County”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've lived in Fairfield county for ten years and have gone to most of the restaurants around here - Valencia, Le Farm, Cannondale Schoolhouse, Brasitas, Thomas Henkelman, etc. Nicholas Roberts is my favorite by a wide margin. The setting and service friendly, low key and laid back, and the menu is filled with dishes that taste good, as opposed to sound impressive. If you want Fois Gras, go to one of the many BS french american places, but if you want great tasting steak and fries, really fresh tuna, or killer crayfish beignets, this is the place. Salads and deserts are also great. It is BYOB, which I personally prefer.

• Visited June 2012
Connecticut
“Long wait, impersonal service, overrated fare”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We waited a long time for our table (they weren't very crowded); then a long time to be served...and then we were rushed to finish our meal..only to wait a long time for the check. Average gourmet fare. "Cash only" is a nuisance. Overrated.

Visited July 2011
Danbury, Connecticut
“Outstanding food, BYOB makes it a great deal too”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is my favorite lunch and dinner spot in Norwalk hands down.

Food: Glorious! Try the crawfish beignets, fresh lump crab cakes, onion soup if it's on special that day, seared tuna, chianti braised short ribs (my personal favorite), and any steak - especially if there is chimichurri sauce.
BYOB: Because the place is BYOB, it's a huge bargain. Bring in your own beer or wine and save a bundle. (Only a $5 corkage fee, another bargain.)
Decor: The food and decor don't match making it very eclectic and FUN! 4* food in a room I can only describe as casual schoolroom harem.
Service: The friendliest and warmest in the area!

• Visited December 2011
norwalk, ct
“Nice Neighborhood Eats...”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had a coupon to enjoy lunch for 2 for $15 at NRFF. I went with 2 adults and my 4 year old twin girls. I was pleasantly surprised at the innovative menu offerings. It has something for everyone. The food was very good - I had the crayfish beignet wrap. My girls had the chicken fingers which they loved....real chicken breast - nice and tender and lightly breaded and pan fried (not greasy). They also enjoyed mashed potatoes (2 thumbs up) and french fries and could not get enough of the steamed Broccoli.. go figure! I caught myself as I encouraged my daughter to 'stop eating the broccoli and try some of the fries' (Yikes). The place has a refreshing vibe and atmosphere (I would call it industrial chic) for that area of Norwalk. The service was good and very accomodating to small children.
I would like to go back soon to try their dinner

• Visited December 2011