“Just stopped by for a drink”
Review of Sweet Lucy Lynn's - CLOSED

Sweet Lucy Lynn's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hi Annie,

I met you this past weekend sitting at the bar. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your new venue. A few friends and I stopped by for drinks and the bar tender (sorry, I forgot her name) was so sweet and attentive. We are coming back this weekend for sure so keep up the great work and the great prices as well.

Debbie C

There are newer reviews for Sweet Lucy Lynn's

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was visiting a friend up in Norwalk last night and she convinced me to try Sweet Lucy Lynn's. I'm always hesitant to try new restaurants, but she insisted that the food and service were top notch. I must say, I wasn't disappointed. The steak was cooked perfectly and the thai chicken appetizer was absolutely delicious. I didn't care for the beer that the bartender recommended, but other than that I was very pleased with my meal. The server was very attentive too. If I'm ever in the area again I will go back.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This place has only been open a couple of months and it's a nice addition to the SoNo restaurant scene. We wandered in on New Year's Eve and were pleasantly surprised at the terrific menu and charming decor. The staff smothered us a bit, but they were so lovely we forgave them trying so hard. I wanted the buttermilk fried oysters, but they were only offering select items from the menu and the oysters weren't one of them. But everything we had was good. We enjoyed ourselves and looked forward to coming back.

A few weeks later we had another terrific dinner there (excellent service, phenomenal ribs, delicious fried chicken sandwich). Alas, buttermilk fried oysters were again not available. There was a bit more of a crowd, which we were happy to see. We looked forward to going back again.

The third time we went on Valentine's Day. It was decorated festively for the holiday, and they had special romantic menus. So far so good, and I was thrilled to see fried oysters on the menu. Then in one of the most bizarre restaurant experiences I have had, a couple who had just gotten married in the private room came with their 30 wedding guests to have their reception dinner in the restaurant, bringing a 3-piece band with them. Sweet Lucy Lynn's continued to seat couples in and around the wedding reception, and we all had to listen to the band's music and emcee'ing, and felt obligated to participate in the repeated applauding you do at weddings. Things started to go go downhill after that.

Between the wedding and Valentine's Day, the staff were clearly overwhelmed, and service was extremely slow and forgetful. People were being seated around us at increasingly cramped tables. Our server came to tell me they were out of the fried oysters. The ribs we'd had before were very dry and not nearly as good this time. Refills on wine took forever, as did getting our check. The wedding band was too loud for the space and we couldn't talk over it (and we had to keep breaking into applause for the bride and groom). It was not the Valentine's Day evening we'd had in mind.

Before Valentine's Day I would have given them a rating of 5. And I will definitely give them another chance, because we did have two great experiences there in the past. I think they will work out the kinks and be more prepared for the next special occasion.

1  Thank shell202020
AnnieHill, Owner at Sweet Lucy Lynn's, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Shell202020,
Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review of our early stumbles. First, let me express my apologies for your less than ideal experience. We have learned from every single mistake we have made, but it is awful when people go out for dinner expecting an enjoyable time and end up annoyed.
I want to offer you and the people you were with a complete dinner on the house. I hope you will somehow get this message (trip advisor won't forward this to you), and take this offer seriously. We have the fried oysters on the menu all the time now, and they are delicious! (Really) Since you like fried oysters, you won't want to miss these, and you deserve them!
Secondly, the wedding party got out of control, but as the owner, it was my responsibility to have maintained the proper boundaries. Once the wedding party took over, I felt like a "deer in the headlights" and just decided to attempt to be gracious out of fear of ruining a wedding day.
However, the band had been hired by the restaurant for the enjoyment of the Valentine's guests. The band had NOT been hired by the wedding party, although anyone would have assumed the band was with the wedding party.
With the wedding party in the other room (that no one else could use), I thought we could attend to the small wedding party as well as the guests in the dining room.
I have learned a lot from that experience, but I am very sorry that your experience was diminished, and although we cannot fix what happened during your last visit, please let us do the one thing that we can offer: A complimentary dinner on the house along with our sincere apologies.
And we can also promise you that we are getting better all the time: the food is good or very good, and the service is professional: Not hovering, not forgetful, just the right amount of attention.
I sincerely hope to hear from you and your guest/guests very soon. We really want to make it right.
All the best to you, Ann Gramson-Hill