“Dolce is very "dolce"!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Newark, Delaware
“Dolce is very "dolce"!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently made my second visit to Dolce, for a weekend workshop. The staff is very warm and attentive. The food was above and beyond -- varied, creative, and high quality. The peaceful setting helped us all get away from daily cares and focus on regeneration. I was with a large group and heard only praise for the facility, the staff, and the food. I'm very happy to recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I just completed a weekend seminar at Dolce, and overall the place was amazing, and I def. recommend it.
The staff was very helpful and the overall property is just large enough to get out for walks in the wood, around their pond, in the local neighborhoods, etc...
We also had cont. breakfast, full lunch and dinner there, and that alone sends this place into the stratosphere. We had a diverse group, so there was something for everyone, including gluten free choices.
So why the 4 instead of 5 circles.
Its because my room was just threadbare enough for me to notice. Examples --
>>I used the desk a lot, and the ink blotter holder frame had come apart but had not been switched out. Why?
>>There was a cup stain by the window sill and other wood areas clearly needed refinishing.
>> The shower curtain inner liner had mildew on it.
So even the room was good, but that's the one miss on an otherwise great stay - and if I was an event planner, I'd still consider this place -- but press on room condition. On the other hand, they did have many good things with the rooms...pod coffee (and even better available in the lobby in the morning),a great mattress/pillows, free wi-fi that has a strong signal (in my room anyway).
Final note, I did not use the work out room, but rate that ave. for this kind of hotel, but they have a huge indoor pool, a full basketball court, and outdoor tennis courts -- crazy cool for those that want to keep the body working.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tipscorner
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a gorgeous place to stay. I highly recommend the Dolce. I was there for a conference. The staff went out of their way to make us all comfortable. The Continental breakfast was lavish. Snacks were supplied through out the day! The room was warm and beautiful. I enjoyed my stay immensely! Great food! reasonable prices!!

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you are looking for a good place for a small group meeting - Dolce in Norwalk is it. Other than the gym the facilities are nice and food is very good. Bar is large, but pool tables need a refit. Loved the intimacy of the place relative to other large conference facilities.

1 Thank usainbda
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our whole experience at this hotel was awful. The room was not clean, the bathroom had some kind of brown matter on the shower curtain and there were not enough towels for the four of us. To add insult to injury after getting in very late, the fire alarm went off at 1:30 in the morning. Some dope left their iron on. When we returned to our room after being gone for 4 hours it was still not cleaned. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara J
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I learned about this hotel through FEMA after Sandy hit my area hard! I was housed here temporarily for about a week because my area had been flooded and had no electricity in the area as well as other necessary services.
The hotel it self was comfortable and quiet but very far out in Norwalk. If you are looking for something close to malls or other attractions in the area this would not be the hotel to pick. The rooms are spacious but average and housekeeping is pretty thorough. However, my only issue with this hotel was there lack of professionalism and respect to me as a customer. Although, my room was financially covered by FEMA I found it very disrespectful and rude that they would note the word "transient" on my bill as if I was homeless person they donated a nights stay to. When I contacted the company with my concern there was little they could say but Ooops! that actually printed on your bill! As a person who loves to travel I had been looking into there other locations for trips I might take in the future until I saw that bill! No thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Excellent accommodations, with great service, nice bar drinks are pricey, serves a good dinner and breakfast. Great service by the hotel staff. Great night sleep. Off the main road out in the woods of Norwalk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business