“Great for quick weekend trip”
Review of Courtyard Norwalk

Courtyard Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for quick weekend trip”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when we were in the area for a wedding. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. Our rooms had 2 nice queen beds, comfortable, with nice pillows and clean linens. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of towels. For breakfast, we went to the lobby and they had a few cooked to order hot breakfast choices which were very good. Also in the lobby was an area where you could buy snacks, some were refrigerated, and there was a microwave there to heat up frozen food. There was also a bank of computers where you could print off your boarding pass or check you email. WiFi was free in the rooms. The outside interior courtyard had seating in the sun which was nice and quiet. Just south of the hotel is easy access to the Merritt Parkway, and there were delis and shops south of the hotel on Main Avenue. Overall we were very pleased with our stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GynoDoc
Nicole R, General Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I can’t thank you enough for your glowing remarks about our hotel and staff! It brings me such great joy when I see reviews like yours, as I love when our Guests have such an enjoyable stay! If I didn’t know better, I would think you were a member of our Marketing department, as you so eloquently touched upon so many of the great amenities and features our hotel has to offer. I especially liked that you were able to enjoy our “Terrace” area in the interior of the courtyard. With WiFi and music streaming to that area, along with the great seating area, it makes for such a great place to relax and connect. I wish more of our Guests would take advantage of the area like you did! Again, my sincere appreciation for taking the time to submit such a nice review of our hotel. We hope to see you back soon for your next weekend getaway!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
milwaukee
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Hi ... I am in my room as I write this. Free wifi and new rooms. Good bed and work station and I am picky. Great lobby. Clean. From outside did not look like place I would stay but inside redone nicely. My room faces road and there is a train that goes by. If that will bother you pick a room on other side.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sending you my sincere thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, we appreciate it very much!!! From your review, it sounds like you enjoyed many of our guest room benefits, including our complimentary WiFi, our luxurious bedding package, and our functional desk workstation. I am also excited to hear you like our newly renovated Lobby concept … we are so proud of it! From our new Bistro café concept, to our new lobby and lounge décor, we think it’s a great space to relax after a long day. While I can’t re-locate our local train ;) your advice is sound … we can definitely accommodate any light sleepers to various other room locations to ensure everyone gets a great nights’ sleep! Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Glen Ridge
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The rooms are very nice, the beds comfortable and plenty of room. The lobby has a limited restaurant with a little store for extras. The lobby has plenty of seating and computers to use if you don't have one with you. The ammenaties are also very good.

The front desk personel were very professional and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much! We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience, and that our staff provided you with the friendly and professional service you have come to expect from Marriott. From the sounds of it, you were able to enjoy the many private and public areas that our hotel has to offer; from our spacious guest rooms, our new Bistro café concept and our new work areas in our renovated Lobby that helped you stay connected! If your future business travels take you to the Norwalk area, we would be honored to serve you again, and make our hotel your home away from home. All the best!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights for a family member's funeral. The hotel itself was fine and my little girl loved the pool/hot tub since it was still cold (We were there over Easter). My biggest gripe with the hotel is the lack of response regarding Marriott points for the nights we were there. They weren't credited properly and have still yet to be after 5 messages for the general manager. I expect more from Marriott properties.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It’s Guests like yourself that help us to continue doing what we do well, and improve on areas that need improving. First, I wanted to pass along my condolences for the loss in your family. Losing a loved one is never easy, and I hope time and love heals your sadness. While I’m pleased to hear that our hotel met your needs and provided you with some entertaining amenities for your little girl, I’m saddened to hear that we were not responsive regarding your Marriott Rewards points. If the issue has not yet been resolved, kindly contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager (Nicole) and I will ensure the issue is taken care of right away (I would reach out to you, but I’m unsure of your name!). If the issue has already been resolved, please accept my sincere apologies for the amount of time it took to resolve the issue. I am a firm believer that once an issue is brought to our attention, it should be handled immediately and within the first contact. I am sorry we have failed you in that regard, and hope that we can regain your trust in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 20, 2012

we got a good deal (had to call and mention the internet price) for adjoining rooms so that our family could break up an over 12 hour drive home. The rooms were clean, the lobby fine, and the cafe a highlight (as we have come to rely on at Courtyard Marriotts). The pool was fine but really extremely loud with more than two families worth of kids in it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for your kind words about our hotel, we really appreciate them! I’m happy to hear our hotel was a good stopping point for your marathon trip, and delighted to hear you were able to utilize some of our great amenities like adjoining rooms, the Bistro café and our pool house. Although your stay was just a stop-over, I truly hope we were able to provide you with all that you needed to relax and rest comfortably for your travels back home. If your travels take you through Norwalk in the future, we would be delighted to serve you and your family again. My sincere thanks for taking the time to review our hotel!
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is decent with comfortable beds and nice rooms, however outside in the hallway and around the grounds it looks dated. The staff is very friendly, but overall for the price per night, I would expect a lot more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
My sincere thanks for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel! I very much appreciate your kind review of our hotel and Staff. I’m glad you were able to enjoy your stay, despite some areas of the hotel being dated. We have recently re-landscaped the entrance of our hotel, and I feel it brings a crisp finished look to our hotel. Also, starting in December 2012, we begin a renovation to our rooms area of the hotel. So that same updated feel you get when you enter our lobby, you will get in the hallways and room itself. Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you to the Norwalk area!
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time for two nights in July to visit family in Fairfield. What a nice surprise to see the new Courtyard design. The lobby decor is lovely and the cafe food for purchase is very good. It is so nice to have access to food and beverages in the evening as well as morning. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is an indoor pool and nice outdoor furniture in the enclosed courtyard area. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CaroleG7
Nicole R, General Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, we appreciate it very much!!!

I am pleased to hear you liked the new look of our Courtyard hotels! Adding evening dinner services has proved to be a popular addition to the Courtyard brand. And the outdoor terrace is a new space that seems to be a big hit with our leisure travelers. I'm so happy to hear you were able to enjoy both our new dinner concept and outdoor terrace experience!

All the best, and thank you for considering our hotel the next time your travels take you to the Norwalk/Fairfield area!