“Nice Hotel for Business”
Review of Courtyard Norwalk

Courtyard Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The rooms are very nice, the beds comfortable and plenty of room. The lobby has a limited restaurant with a little store for extras. The lobby has plenty of seating and computers to use if you don't have one with you. The ammenaties are also very good.

The front desk personel were very professional and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Nicole R, General Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback very much! We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience, and that our staff provided you with the friendly and professional service you have come to expect from Marriott. From the sounds of it, you were able to enjoy the many private and public areas that our hotel has to offer; from our spacious guest rooms, our new Bistro café concept and our new work areas in our renovated Lobby that helped you stay connected! If your future business travels take you to the Norwalk area, we would be honored to serve you again, and make our hotel your home away from home. All the best!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights for a family member's funeral. The hotel itself was fine and my little girl loved the pool/hot tub since it was still cold (We were there over Easter). My biggest gripe with the hotel is the lack of response regarding Marriott points for the nights we were there. They weren't credited properly and have still yet to be after 5 messages for the general manager. I expect more from Marriott properties.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It’s Guests like yourself that help us to continue doing what we do well, and improve on areas that need improving. First, I wanted to pass along my condolences for the loss in your family. Losing a loved one is never easy, and I hope time and love heals your sadness. While I’m pleased to hear that our hotel met your needs and provided you with some entertaining amenities for your little girl, I’m saddened to hear that we were not responsive regarding your Marriott Rewards points. If the issue has not yet been resolved, kindly contact the hotel and ask for the General Manager (Nicole) and I will ensure the issue is taken care of right away (I would reach out to you, but I’m unsure of your name!). If the issue has already been resolved, please accept my sincere apologies for the amount of time it took to resolve the issue. I am a firm believer that once an issue is brought to our attention, it should be handled immediately and within the first contact. I am sorry we have failed you in that regard, and hope that we can regain your trust in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

we got a good deal (had to call and mention the internet price) for adjoining rooms so that our family could break up an over 12 hour drive home. The rooms were clean, the lobby fine, and the cafe a highlight (as we have come to rely on at Courtyard Marriotts). The pool was fine but really extremely loud with more than two families worth of kids in it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for your kind words about our hotel, we really appreciate them! I’m happy to hear our hotel was a good stopping point for your marathon trip, and delighted to hear you were able to utilize some of our great amenities like adjoining rooms, the Bistro café and our pool house. Although your stay was just a stop-over, I truly hope we were able to provide you with all that you needed to relax and rest comfortably for your travels back home. If your travels take you through Norwalk in the future, we would be delighted to serve you and your family again. My sincere thanks for taking the time to review our hotel!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is decent with comfortable beds and nice rooms, however outside in the hallway and around the grounds it looks dated. The staff is very friendly, but overall for the price per night, I would expect a lot more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

My sincere thanks for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel! I very much appreciate your kind review of our hotel and Staff. I’m glad you were able to enjoy your stay, despite some areas of the hotel being dated. We have recently re-landscaped the entrance of our hotel, and I feel it brings a crisp finished look to our hotel. Also, starting in December 2012, we begin a renovation to our rooms area of the hotel. So that same updated feel you get when you enter our lobby, you will get in the hallways and room itself. Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you to the Norwalk area!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time for two nights in July to visit family in Fairfield. What a nice surprise to see the new Courtyard design. The lobby decor is lovely and the cafe food for purchase is very good. It is so nice to have access to food and beverages in the evening as well as morning. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There is an indoor pool and nice outdoor furniture in the enclosed courtyard area. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CaroleG7
Nicole R, General Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, we appreciate it very much!!!

I am pleased to hear you liked the new look of our Courtyard hotels! Adding evening dinner services has proved to be a popular addition to the Courtyard brand. And the outdoor terrace is a new space that seems to be a big hit with our leisure travelers. I'm so happy to hear you were able to enjoy both our new dinner concept and outdoor terrace experience!

All the best, and thank you for considering our hotel the next time your travels take you to the Norwalk/Fairfield area!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here from 6/18 - 6/23/12. This property has been updated to the new Courtyard footprint. Nice lobby with cafe. Very cool touch screen tv in the lobby. Rooms are consistent to Courtyard and beds are very comfortable. Overall, a nice experience.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank erinshero
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable experience. We really do strive and care about all of our guests comfort. And as enjoyable as your last stay with with us was, be prepared for an even more enjoyable stay in the near future. Starting in November 2012 we are beginning the renovations to the rooms. So that same updated feel you get when you enter our lobby you will get when you put your feet up at night. And I promise the beds will be just as comfortable...if not more-so. We do hope to see you as a guest of ours again in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been to a couple of meetings in this hotel and one included lunch. The service was great and the meeting room was fine. The lobby of the hotel has been redone, and has a more modern feel. There are several "living room" areas and it is convenient for working, etc. I will say that I do like this new lobby design - it is much more inviting for a business traveler.

Now, the rooms... they have not had similar renovations. The furniture is a bit beat up, the bed a little soft, the bathroom dated. There is no room service, nor do they have menus in the rooms for places that deliver. Just in case you get stuck - there is a Starbucks just down the street (drivable and drive thru) and they do have some snacks in the lobby.

So - overall, it was okay. Now, I do think the rate was too high - - $250, for this type of room is crazy. I would rather pay that rate at the Delamar in Southport and have a more luxe experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We are very happy that your overall experience was a positive one. And we love that you enjoyed the renovations that were made to the lobby and Bistro. I can tell you with great enthusiasm that our rooms are getting that face-lift you recommend. Starting in November of 2012 room renovations will begin. So in the future, your stay in our rooms will be just as enjoyable as the lounging in our lobby is now. Also in the future, please feel free to call the front desk for any menus. Because there are so many great restaurants in the immediate area, making them all available would be quite the cluttered stack in each room. Instead of you dealing with that kind of mess, we are happy to provide them to you with a simple call downstairs. Thank you again! These reviews really help us become a better hotel for you.