“Great Sunday Brunch”

Mama's Boy Southern Table and Refuge
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Boy Southern Table and Refuge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 394 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Mama's Boy is a great spot for Sunday Brunch with bottomless mimosas and extremely good food. We haven't had the desserts yet but they look ridiculously good. The only slight complaint would be the prices for the portion sizes seem a bit high which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. Everything is excellent aside from when the bill comes.

• Visited January 2014

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Definitely worth a try”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Went there before the theater for dinner with a group. Seated on time for our reservation. Excellent service..attentive, welcoming and friendly. Great drinks and apps. Try the she crab soup, but make sure it's hot. Ours was barely warm at 5:30 on a Saturday night. Hostess was terrific. She even brought us a shrimp and grits to sample. All main courses were excellent and delicious. Have the catfish Didn't have time for desserts. Next time.

• Visited April 2014
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Corn bread muffins with the house pepper jelly - fantastic. Crab Cakes and She Crab soup appetizers -wonderful. Shrimp and grits and Sweet Potato Gnocchi with crispy kale, walnuts and sauteed apples - out of this world. Giant slice of chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting - Nirvana. Food beautifully prepared. Great atmosphere (lively). Good beer selection and great service. Would go back every week if I lived nearby.

• Visited March 2014
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Give me my Grits!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Ok, go here for drinks and apps with friends! We did that and it was a blast. And I've gone here on date night before a movie for the most inventive cocktails and fun bartender. And also, I had dinner here and loved the shrimp and grits so much! But WAIT! The brunch! We came for brunch and were blown away by the food, live music and amazing bloody Mary's! So basically, come here any time and you are going to love it like I do! It is just Ah-May-Zing!

Visited March 2014
Westport, Connecticut
“Get it together Mama!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

After being unimpressed with Mamas Boy during our initial visit last summer, I attempted to revisit the restaurant yesterday for brunch, about which I had heard a few positive reviews. We arrived at the restaurant around 1pm and at least half the tables were empty. Upon reaching to hostess stand we were told that the wait would be at least 20 minutes. When I inquired about the wait given the number of empty tables I was informed that the restaurant needed to "space out" the seating of tables. Huh??? Are you really turning away paying customers because your waitstaff and kitchen cannot manage a full restaurant?? One would expect to hear about a wait in a restaurant that is completely full but not in one that's half empty.

Done trying at Mamas Boy!!!

2 Thank WalkerWine