“Great place for brunch”

OR
Ranked #15 of 458 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Oak + Almond-our philosophy is simple, prepare fresh food with an emphasis on organic and local. We serve lunch, dinner, and brunch in our casual, modern dining room and on our lush patio in-season.
Reviewed February 17, 2019

Went here for brunch to celebrate our cousin's birthday. Food was great with a lot of different options. And you can't beat bottomless mimosas and half priced bottles of wine.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 5, 2019

Tonight: I arrived at 7:16 for a reservation at 7:30. I was asked to wait at the bar because no table was available. I was seated about 7:20 and given water and bread. It was 7:50 and I had not been asked for a dinner order. Not even asked for a drink order in 30 minutes. At 7:53 I decided to leave, I told the maitre d and he said "oh sorry". The only person that even acknowledged my presence is the busser (bless his heart for being the only person that understands customer service and inclusivity). The hostess made several rounds talking to guests and never once spoke to me. A half hour without service is totally unacceptable, it is by far the worst service I have gotten at a restaurant. I live in NYC so I am used to a different level of service. I would never return and I'll recommend to my colleagues in the Stamford offices that they also never patronize this place. Before the restaurant team tries to argue, I am happy to share the receipt from the $40 Uber's I took to get to your restaurant. Such a waste, you made me feel very unwelcome.

Date of visit: February 2019
2  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed January 27, 2019

Went here for brunch for the first time. At first, was a bit put-off, as the noise level was a bit high, due to it being busy and several large parties there for brunch. But, as the crowds left, the place settled into more relaxed mode.
Shared the calamari, which was a large portion and cooked just right.
For my main dish, I had the pasta Bolognese. I was told that this is a house specialty, and I can understand why. The fresh pasta was dressed with a thick ragu of pork, beef and veal. This was oh so tasty!
My husband had a special fettuccine of the day, which came with sea scallops and shrimp in a light tomato sauce. He really enjoyed this dish as well.
For dessert we gave a two thumbs up to the pear and blueberry cobbler, with house made vanilla gelato. We equally enjoyed the lemon ricotta cheese cake.
The service was very attentive and helpful. We loved our waiter Ramone!

My husband is in a wheelchair, and we were happy to see that this restaurant not only has a good ramp for access, but also an accessible restroom on the first floor. Very helpful indeed!

Will highly recommend this place for brunch or any other time!

Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

Delicious! Great food. We got a bunch of apps for sharing and destroyed them all they were so good. Only a little bit pricey, but average for the area! The outdoor area was great also

Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

This is probably one of the more relaxed restaurants in Norwalk and in general food was good, service attentive and good variety of wine. Nothing exceptional but everything good