“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Was very satisfied with price and staff. The amenities were superb. Was a little out of our way to get to, but quickly found our way back to I-95 S. Will definitely look for this hotel when we travel again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Martha J
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear MarthaJ,

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to consistently provide the best value for our guest by offering exceptional service, comfortable and stylish rooms with great amenities. We are happy to have been a comfy detour from your I-95 journey. On behalf of the entire Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk team we wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.

Tim Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were planning our trip up the East Coast and knew we would be stopping in the Greenwich/Stamford/Rye area at the end of the day. Those areas were so unbelievably pricey that we widened our search to Norwalk. Only being there for a short time, we were mainly interested in what the hotel had to offer. The Hotel Zero Degrees was a pleasant surprise and exceeded our expectations. The staff is helpful, the rooms are nice and well-insulated (could barely hear the commuter train right behind, and the breakfast was fine.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Kurt and Chris... S
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Kurt and Chris S,

I appreciate you taking a moment to post this review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that we were a pleasant surprise; providing comfort and style at a great value. Thank you for feedback and should your travels bring you back this we certainly look forward to welcoming you once more. Safe travels and Happy Summer!

Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I just completed running a 3 day corporate event here. The staff was top notch! From the day I met the mangement, toured the facility and signed contracts, through room coordinating, meeting logistics and catering choices, the experience was amazing. Leading up to this corporate event and coordinating 55 - 75 people for three days was stressful to say the least. However, the moment I walked throug the door at Hotel Zero on the day of the start of the event, the stress was gone. I was in the best hands! I felt like we were family. The staff I had been working with for months greeted me with open arms upon arrival. I didn't need to concern myself with anything, they took charge.

The facility was top notch! My guests raved about the ambiance, decor, comfort, courtesy of the staff and the FOOD!!!! I have done many corporate meetings but never have I experienced food like this. When choosing the foods with the staff I felt like I was planning a wedding for each day I was there. They made the experience of making choices a fun one.

From our Kick off cocktail party which including amazing raw bar station, among the other fabulous hand picked custom choices - we ate like KINGS! They accomodated every single request and made the best recommendations.

I work for a major global corporation and have already advised colleagues of the wonderful experience we had at Hotel Zero Degrees in Norwalk.

I would repeat a corporate event there any day!

I already have plans to come back on a weekend to experience the luxury and fabulous food of Mediterraneo and enjoy the modern chic rooftop bar. It's like a little piece of paradise right in Norwalk, CT.

Again, I cannot have asked for a better staff to work with. Their expertise in their field and their personal touch and dynamite personalities all made my event the best one ever!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

Sharon Fishman
Pepsi Cola Company

Dear SharonF321,

I am pleased to hear that your experience with us from start to finish was truly amazing. On behalf of the hotel staff, Banquet and Catering team thank you for your kind words. We take pride in going the extra mile for all our guests especially when planning involved multi-day meeting for such a large group. We understand the process can be very complicated and are happy to make it as stress-free as possible. Mediterraneo does a phenomenal job with their delicious menu. We are absolutely thrilled to have provided such an excellent experience for you and your company from start to end. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk we look forward to welcoming you on your weekend stay and of course for any future corporate events.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

In another city I´d probably give this a rating of 3, but since it´s Norwalk, CT a 4 seems justified. We arrived on a Friday and there was an endless flow of couples wandering around the hotel with drinks in their hands looking for a way to the roof top bar. Evidently, it´s where the action is. Unfortunately, we ended up changing rooms twice. First time, the smoke alarm was dangling precariously from the ceiling and could not be fixed; second time the room we were moved to had a very dominant moldy odor. The third room was just fine - no moldy smell, no dangling smoke alarms. If you have to be in this part of Connecticut, this is basically a reasonable place to stay. The breakfast buffet is unremarkable in every way but the paper plates you have to use are perhaps the most regrettable part. One bright spot at breakfast was the Starbucks self-serve coffee. The room was pretty tastefully done and we really liked the large shower. N.B. rooms that face the back look onto a green wooded area - the one drawback is a commuter train to NYC that passes 4 or 6 times a day and is loud, but it doesn´t run late into the night, thankfully.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Volkolas,

Thank you for taking a moment to post the review about us. My apologies with the initial mix up with your rooms that is certainly not becoming of the level of service we strive to provide to all our guests on a consistent basis. The hotel rooftop is a great amenity for hotel guests especially our evening bar. We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast so hopefully on your next visit you will notice the change. I am glad that you enjoyed the décor and comfort of the guest room especially the shower. Should your travels bring you back to the area we hope to welcome you once more for what will be a seamless stay. Happy Summer!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I was only in Norwalk for a few hours and I wish I had more time to check out the area using hotel zeros free shuttle service. There were plenty of other amenities such as a fitness center and free breakfast. I was more interested in the breakfast and it met and possibly exceeded my expectations. Eggs bacon sausage potatoes. They also have bread and bagels of that's what you're into. It's also cool that they serve Starbucks all day, including the free breakfast. Free wifi and parking. Decent security as well. As a young female I felt completely safe alone. The elevator requires key card swipes for hotel room access. This was a little hard for me though. It took several tries to work. There's a great restaurant on site. There's also a recreational area on the roof with a a bar. I didn't have time to enjoy it because I was crashed on the very comfortable bed. I reserved a room with one Queen and got two. Pretty awesome. Some cool scenery on the side near the train tracks. The train really didn't bother me because the ac was blasting loud enough to drown it out. Some people might not like that but I did. You guys probably can't fix the noise of the ac anyway. Can't stress how comfortable the bed was. Very modern inside and out. I felt like I was paying at lease 150 but it was a little under 100. The bathroom was awesome, the shower was the best that I've ever experienced in a hotel. The keurig in the room was a great little amenity. I thought it would be Starbucks kcups because of the Starbucks downstairs but it wasn't that big of a deal. Every room has a refrigerator which is convenient. They should probably work out room service downstairs though. The tv entertainment could be Improved. I thought personally the picture on cable was a bit fuzzy. Eventually the movie box device in the cabinet went out. It would be cool if you guys could figure out how customers could sign onto netflix and similar services and watch them. I brought a computer and hooked it to the TV but I thought there might be something more advanced. Maybe for the future. Another suggestion suggest have is the outdoor signage. I drove right past the hotel because it's on a lower ground level and not a high building in general. So better and higher signage would help. Overall though great hotel. Staff were always present although I didn't really need anyone's help. I would definitely come back; hopefully a longer stay next time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Allison P,

I appreciate you posting such a great and detailed review about your recent stay with us. My only disappointment is that you did not stay any longer. I am pleased that we were everything you needed for a comfortable and enjoyable stay while in Norwalk. Your feedback is valued as we are always looking for ways to improve guests’ comfort. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in town.

Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our company used Hotel Zero Degrees to house our team members that were visiting for a two day meeting at our corporate office. The feedback I received from them was extremely positive. They loved the comfort of the rooms and the European feel of the hotel. Dinner at the Mediterraneo Restaurant, located in the hotel, was exceptional! The waiters were top notch and the staff at the hotel were professional and friendly. It was an excellent experience and we will most certainly use them again for our November meeting.

Joanne J.

Rooms
Dear Joanne J,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. We are honored to have been chosen to house your team members and pleased that our staff’s effort culminated in an enjoyable and positive stay for them. Thank you for you feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you all back again in November. All the best and Happy Summer!

Fairlawn, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here for 2 days for a corporate meeting in Westport. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel with such unique decor. The service was excellent and restaurant was absolutely 4-star. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear TriciaA99,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed a great experience from our unique décor, comfortable rooms, great service and delicious restaurant. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk. We hope to welcome you again, safe travels and Happy Summer!

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Courtyard Norwalk
#2 of 12 in Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Norwalk Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!