Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
$138
ExtendedStay
EVEN Hotel Norwalk(Norwalk)(Great Value!)
$118
Travelocity
$169
Travelocity
Dolce Norwalk(Norwalk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool tabletrain tracksstarbucks coffeerooftop loungemediterraneo restaurantgreat hotelping pongmetro northsmall waterfalllarge showerrooms are beautifulcomplimentary breakfastrehearsal dinnermodern lookwedding weekendkey cardfairfield county
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel opened in 2013 and is a beautiful little property. The rooms are modern, brand new health center, free hot complete breakfast, and a great restaurant on the property. The top floor has a neat deck with a pool table, mini golf, and plenty of lounge chairs where you can listen to the babbling brook interrupted every once in awhile by a passing passenger train.

The TV is top notch, the internet is pretty quick and they have 2 apple computers in the lobby.

Best feature in bad weather: free, underground parking under the property.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are great in you need those features but for the able-bodied person this means no closet space.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear MonroviaWayne,

Thank you for posting this great review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us from beginning to end making full use of all we had to offer; from our complimentary warm buffet breakfast to our Skytop353. Safe travels and we hope to be your first choice when in the Norwalk area.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a find! We booked this hotel for the first night of our New England road trip this June. Found an amazing deal online. The hotel has only been opened for a few months. Very modern and sleek. Friendly staff! Lovey room - spacious. Super comfy lounge chair! Shower was fantastic - almost a rain shower. Loved the gym too - one entire wall is a glass panel looking out through the trees. The restaurant (Mediterraneo) was a real highlight too - food was phenomenonal. Only two comments: 1. Found that the breakfast spread was a little lacking. I had hoped for some fresh fruit and hot oatmeal. However it is complimentary. 2. The restaurant Mediterraneo was quite loud. Not sure if that is just how the sound acoustics are in the room. It was packed when we went tho - definitely make reservations as it seems to be very popular. Would certainly recommend and would return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MandyAt,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about us. It seems we were the perfect surprise on your New England road trip. I am pleased to know that our helpful staff, spacious rooms and modern design were to your liking. With regards to the fresh fruit we always have them out daily for breakfast service as well as in the lobby. I will be sure to pass your observation onto the restaurant. Hopefully your road trip was a success and we look forward to welcoming again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm writing this for my mother in law and brother in law.. I have put both of them up at hotel zero in the past three months, not at the same time..

I wanted to pay for my mother in laws room before she got there, I had to go early in person to sign, not a big deal, but what was a big deal was that I asked, and double checked that her room was in the back of the hotel over the river, nope.. For what ever reason t
Her room wasn't ... I call and was told that the manager would call me back the following day, he never called.

With that said, the hotel is a GREAT value the staff are very helpful and go out of there way to make your say as comfortable as possible .. The room was clean, the sheets and pillows in perfect condition, it's exactly what I like and feel happy to place guests there.. They also have a nice roof top area, great to relax and read.

The food in the attached resterant is fantastic and lovely layout, bar has its own space if you just want to have a drink and not looming over people eating dinner.

It's a great little hotel, easy to get to, close to I95 and Merritt ..

Enjoy your stay.. Ask for rooms in back when you book though.

Room Tip: Rooms in back have better views
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank susansch1965

Dear Susansch1965,

Thank you for posting this review about us. I am thrilled to know that your family enjoyed their stay with us and appreciate you posting this review on their behalf. As always it is good to know that their stay was comfortable and that the staff went above and beyond whenever they can to ensure that they did. My apologies if the manager on duty did not get back to you. I will follow up to see where the slip in communication happened. You are correct our in house restaurant Mediterraneo serves delicious food in a great atmosphere. Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I saved $40/night by booking through Priceline's Express Deals. They don't tell you the hotel, but you can easily pick this one out. The three amenities listed are "free breakfast", "restaurant", and "fitness center". It has a 9 rating for "Guest Favorite". I thought they would insist on giving me a room at the back of the hotel, near the train tracks, but they didn't. I got a room on the front half, with two queen beds, just as I requested. I LOVED THIS HOTEL. Rooms are large and bathrooms are huge, with the largest shower and the most counter space I have ever encountered (pun intended).

The night we arrived, there appeared to be no parking, as a private party was taking place in the restaurant. If you drive to the bottom of the parking lot (lot is on a slight decline), you can take a right and enter the underground garage. The garage is open on the back side, facing the river, but is very private. I appreciated this fact because our car was full of suitcases/boxes, as my son was in the process of moving to Norwalk. We stayed two nights, with a car full of items, and never had a problem.

The elevators are a little tricky. You have to use two hands, one to hold up your room key to a scanner, and the other to push the floor button. Both must be done simultaneously, in order to get the floor button to light up. I like the extra security of this system.

Wild Rice is a good Chinese restaurant that is right across the street from the hotel.

I had a few minor issues. The sheets on my bed were beginning to pill and the mattress was beginning to sag in the middle. I was still able to sleep comfortably.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tamaralea
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tamaralea,

Thank you for posting this review about us. Kudos to you on getting such a great deal for what was a most enjoyable stay for you. We try our very best to honor guests request when we can so I am pleased to know that we were able to accommodate yours. Correct we have parking on the driveway level but in the basement there is additional parking as well. While the back may appear open there is a fence on top of the wall, glad to know that you felt safe parking your car with us. With regards to the elevator I apologize for any confusion the best way is to push the button and place your key on the card reader. We are only 6 months old so I am very surprised at mattress sagging especially since it is hospitality grade. Nevertheless I will have my Housekeeping Manager review and ensure they are being flipped accordingly. We hope to welcome you once more when you are back to visit your son in the area.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one weekend at this hotel and although I read all the mostly positive reviews in advance, I was still impressed by the friendly service and beautiful and very clean rooms at this 5-month old hotel. Great modern design and comfortable sleep for a very reasonable price. Has all the amenities you need except if you expect spa and other 5 star amenities.
Loved the open terrace on the 4th floor with ping pong table and big chess game and beach chairs. Truly unique! Very well designed with eye for detail and a staff that is super motivated to provide help whenever you need it. You won't regret a stay at this place. I gave given many not so great hotel reviews before but this place definitely deserves some accolades. We asked for a room in front of the hotel and didn't hear the train at all.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Belvera,

I sincerely appreciate you posting such an amazing review. Our hospitality team strives to go above and beyond to ensure all our guests are taken care of. It is always good to hear when our guests notice and appreciate it. Thank you for your great feedback and especially glad to know that our hotel and team not only met but exceeded your expectations. We appreciate all your accolades until we meet again. Safe travels.