“Good, but pricey”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2019

I love a good risotto, and they do an excellent job on theirs. So rare to find a good one in a restaurant in the area. Most everything I have had here has been very good. The one dish I have ordered that I didn't particularly like was more because of my preference rather than anything wrong with the dish itself. Appetizers are quite good and often quite an original take on old Italian restaurant stand-bys. For example, the fried mozzarella is not served with a marinara sauce. It is more like a marsala, and it makes quite a difference in the flavor profile. My friends love the beet salad.

Only negative, when it is busy, it feels crowded and is very loud. Went here for a Christmas party with a group of around 14. They put us at a square table where for the people seated at the corners, only one could actually pull their chair in and have their legs under the table. I ended up having to have my chair quite far back from the table and spent the night leaning over to get closer to the table. Also, this caused the waiters to constantly hit my chair when going by. When there are large groups, they need to give a bit more thought to how people can sit comfortably at the table. You can't have people right up to the corners and expect that they will be comfortable. Made us feel totally squashed in. For the prices, which are above average unless getting the price fix, making sure customers are comfortable should be one of the priorities. Our group's check was close to $1000 on a weeknight when they are typically slow, so they could have worked on this.

For a regular table size, more than worth trying out as the food really is very good. If going with a larger party, perhaps tell them what kind of table set up you would like in order to avoid the issue above.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We went to Ossetia Romano last night at about 5:30. It was not crowded so we were seated right away. They let us give input into where we wanted to sit which was nice. The bread and garlic in olive oil was delivered quickly along with our drinks. There was an appropriate amount of time before our salads arrived. The Cesar and the beet salad were fresh and well seasoned. The meal arrived shortly thereafter, just as we finished our salads. All of the entrees were very well done. I really enjoyed my eggplant, the pasta with sausage and broccolini was reported to be delicious as well, and my husband enjoyed his lasagna. We finished dinner with drinks and a crepe brûlée. Very nice and casual dinner in a comfortable atmosphere. Service was good.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 27, 2019

We went on a rainy Saturday looking for some good comfort food.We arrived at 6:30 pm, the restaurant was half empty, so we were greeted at the door and were seated right away. The room was a good size filled with a dozen or so tables. The waiter was very friendly in addition to other servers. Great costumer service! We started the meal with an appetizer of meatballs which had good flavor, but were a bit chewy. My friend liked his pasta dish, clams with white sauce as he finished the whole thing. Portion size is on point and the food was served hot. I had the Carbonara which was good,but not the best and I prefer spaghetti rather than egg noodles. That said the pasta is made fresh according to the menu. All in all I'd give Romana another shot especially because of the service.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank MrsPotsy
Reviewed March 31, 2019

This place is a bit hidden in the corner of the strip mall, so people can have a hard time finding it at first. But everyone I know keeps going back there. I had a salad of tomatoes, cucumber, and purple onions drizzled with olive oil to start, and the sole for entree, on a prix fixe luncheon menu ($16.95). Friends loved the sole as much as I did (about the best I've ever had & a large portion), and raved over the pasta fagioli soup. Best known for Sunday Brunch, which includes a mimosa or a bellini - get the BELLINI! This was my first time for a luncheon, but I've done the Sunday Brunch several times. Never a disappointment on any dish I've tried. Small, a bit hidden, but worth every effort to get there. Prices are reasonable - so it's a really good choice.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019

It’s friday night we took a chance and got the only table left outside in their enclosed patio...the main restaurant was full to the top..we were dying to have clams oreganato and clams casino ...and they were pretty good the toppings on the casino weee chopped veggies with crispy bacon....also I had the super Tuscan wine
Our entre this night was papapdelle bolonese made with homemade pasta and a nice thick meaty sauce was a lot and was great...we also had the chicken in champagne sauce with veggie and nice roasted potatoes... not to miss the tiramisu and ricotta cheesecake...can’t wait to try all the other dishes...

Date of visit: March 2019