“Seals, Penguins, Sting Rays”

The Maritime Aquarium
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Norwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the 2013 Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor. The Maritime Aquarium inspires people of all ages to appreciate Long Island Sound and protect it for future generations.
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The Maritime Aquarium is a small aquarium but is still a great place to visit. The seal and penguin exhibits are my favorite. It's great for kids and school trips because it is a great place to learn about animals.

All reviews
in 27 reviews
"across the street"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Great place to visit. Family loved it. Staff was great with explaining sea life to the kids. We will be back. One thing we missed out on was the IMAX movies would love to see more showings...

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We were visiting Danbury, CT and there isn't a whole lot to do in Danbury except go some place else so we decided to check out the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. This aquarium was fairly inexpensive to get into, $12 for adults, however it seemed like it was geared more towards children. It also featured a Prairie Dog exhibit. I just figured it would have more exhibits since it was so close to the coast.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Maritime is a great aquarium! It has a gift shop. And of corse, the aquarium! I love the aquarium!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I LOVE aquariums. I used to be a member here when my kids were younger and we went frequently. I haven't been back in a few years, and frankly, it has lost it's luster. There are major renovations underway and I would suggest that they lower their admission fee until it's completed. I will return after February 2012 when everything is complete, and maybe my current opinion will change. Little kids will be entertained, but adults and teenagers will blow through this place in less than an hour and leave feeling empty. Oh, and avoid the cafeteria food. It borders on shameful.

2  Thank 65Pony

Been to The Maritime Aquarium? Share your experiences!