“Excellent Mexican in East Norwalk”

Don Carmelo's Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar
Ranked #34 of 394 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: A Mexican restaurant with old and new Mexican brought to your table. Only the freshest ingredients. We would not serve you something we wouldn't eat.
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Excellent Mexican in East Norwalk”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had lunch at Don Carmelo today after a friend said she heard about it from a flyer. The food is excellent! Its very nice inside and not expensive at all. I can't wait to go back and bring my friends. Can't believe it has been there for two years and I'm only just going. I have to go back for the fajitas and the chips and salsa are at your table as soon as you sit down. Excellent little find. Bodega in Darien is still my favorite but that is more gourmet - this is just great Mexican food.

• Visited January 2014

Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best authentic Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My Wife and I just moved to East Norwalk from Long Island NY about 2 months ago.
We have also been to Don Carmelo's 4 tmes.
Our " rule of thumb" for Mexican restaurants is if the Margarita's are good and strong than the food is also good.
Don Carmelo's is right on!
Don Carmelo's Margarita's are awesome as well as the Mexican food that he serves.
The Chef they have prepares his dishes from his Mexican heritage family recipes.
We have been to a lot of Mexican restaurants and we rate Don Carmelo's at the top.
That's why we we becoming back again and again.
The 2 Gringo's !

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gringo1017
Westport, CT
“Surprisingly good food, good margaritas”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just went there last night on the spur of the moment. I had forgotten how good the food was: the chips were fresh and hot ,the salsas were excellent, especially the pico de gallo which can be horrible if it is not fresh. You can tell that this was totally fresh and piquant. The margaritas were also full of flavor, not watered down. We had a variety of dinner entrees and everything was fresh, good, with large portions and good quality meat. Ever been to a Mexican restaurant and you wonder about the quality of the meat used....? I would go there again... and again!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Nimby
Norwalk, Connecticut, USA
“Added to my new "Great Finds" list”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Met a couple of girlfriends for a couple of margaritas and a bite. what a great place, yummy and fresh guac-the best, and homemade nachos. Reasonable prices, they didn't rush us at all so we able to enjoy our food and drink and spend time catching up.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Happy2010Family
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Great Find”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Big fan of this place. My wife and I go here usually once a week. Really friendly owner and staff. I'm a big fan of the tortilla soup and the house made hot sauce is excellent.

• Visited December 2012