“good food”

Mumbai Rosai
Ranked #80 of 430 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Good food for good price went to this place many times for lunch and dinner not bad .I would recommend this place for the value not for the best food .Now a days we all look for good value meal that is what u get from this small Indian Kitchen.

1  Thank john f

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This restaurant feels like a sub shop, barely inviting to come in, never mind sit down. I was visiting town for business and hungered for some good Indian food. I got takeout and took it back to my hotel. The portions were small. I got the Malai Kofta and it was served differently than the dozens of other Indian restaurants I've ever had it at before. The sauce was much light in color, and instead of ball shaped Kofta, they were log shaped and very small in size. Rice came with the meal. I ordered Nan on the side and that too was a small portion. They did not have any side salad available to order. Compared to New York or even Boston, this was quite bad. I do not recommend that anyone go to this place unless they are desperate. I do strongly recommend a complete facelift to the restaurant owners and also that they go out to eat in NY and see what other places serve and try to try some new things.

3  Thank AlvinMonk
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This place is a dream come true.

The pros:
Really incredibly delicious food
Lots of vegetarian dishes
The Dal Makahni (sorry for spelling!) is seriously amazingly delicious
Very friendly owner
Reasonably priced
Amazing lunch specials
Food prepared quickly and correctly
Everything I've ordered has been very very yummy
Clean, comfortable little spot

Cons:
None!

For my conservative taste, I need to ask for most things 'mild' as the spice is a little much for me. My Indian friends say it's just perfect, though. Just a heads up if you're shy about heat....

1  Thank Parsely115
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Treat yourself to the best Indian cuisine in Fairfield County. Top quality ingredients and a variety of delicious entrees. This is authentic Indian food made by the very talented chefs at Mambai Rosai. The curried chicken dishes are terrific, we have also ordered the Palek Paneer, Okra Marsala, Chicken Tikka Masala, Tandoori Chicken and the delicious Naan. All dishes are outstanding and we regularly order lunch from Mumbai Rosai for our office.
The Lunch box specials are a terrific deal. The Chicken Lunch Box includes 1 Chicken Curry of the day, 1 Veggie Curry of the day, Basmati rice and Naan bread for only $6.95!
A Vegetable and Lamb Lunch Box is also available. The owner is passionate about providing top quality and outstanding authentic Indian food...and he does!

1  Thank jeliza20