“Just how mama makes it!”
Review of Pontos Taverna

Pontos Taverna
Ranked #6 of 420 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great family owned and operated restaurant with real authentic Greek food. If anyone wants to try real Greek food this is the place to go. I highly recommend this restaurant for their ethnic Greek cuisine, their elegant decor, and their exceptional service! Their staff really is knowledgeable about the items they serve and great at giving recommendations. I feel like family every time I walk in there. Ask for Faith when u go in Im positive she will make your experience at Pontos Taverna a pleasant one!

2  Thank Theodoros G

Reviewed August 16, 2012

A close friend took me to Pontos last night and I had an amazing dinner. The salads were light, well seasoned and very good. The feta cheese was divine, and tasted different from any feta I have ever eaten. The fish had not come in so I had beans in a tomato sauce. Again, well seasoned and tasted great. We shared baklava and it was different from others I have had. I don't think it had honey on it, but the rose water came through the sauce. My friend and I had so much food that I ate leftovers for dinner tonight. The service was attentive, helpful and quick. I definitely would return and hope they have fish next time as I hear that it is yummy.

1  Thank barbara115de
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family went to eat here and was very pleased about the entire experience. Food was awesome! Best Greek food I've ever had! Service matched it! The waitresses were awesome as well! Friendliest waitresses I've had in a very long time!!! I will definitely go back again for some calamari!

1  Thank AMS702
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Went in to try it and was overly impressed. Very nice atmosphere. Great crowd eating. Everyone looked like they were enjoying there food! I had the sautéed pork dish! It was so tender. My wife had the the souvlaki. It was seasoned perfect! The best tzatziki sauce I ever had! Our server Tiffany was such a joy! I highly recommend.

1  Thank Mshehadi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This unassuming restaurant tucked into a nook and cranny off Norwalk's main street is a real find. The menu is very simple. And therein lies what's special about Pontos Taverna. The food is strikingly fresh, and authentic. I had the lemon chicken soup and a Gyro platter. Sound like standard Greek fair? Perhaps. But it tasted nothing like what you get anywhere else. Loved it!

1  Thank rurimaja