New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford

Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Norwalk
Arizona City, Arizona
“Outstanding in Many Ways!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at Extended Stay America in Norwalk, CT for over a month. The hotel is kept clean at all times, the room was outstanding, and customer service is a one of a kind. The staff are pleasant and are always ready to help.

This is the best hotel for business travelers. The location is great, shopping center is next door, restaurants are everywhere, and its only minutes from 95.

During my stay earlier this year, my car got stuck in the snow. The Hotel Manager, Mr. Gokan Atli volunteered to help me. He is customer service oriented and EXTREMELY HELPFUL. He makes sure that your stay is a one of a kind experience.

Mr. Atli is always helping customers and keeping the hotel spotless. I love staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BEDR123
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hanan - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our property and staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff helped with everything. I have never been to a hotel that had a staff that was so prompt and considerate. The room was clean the staff was very helpful. The only thing I could say was bad is that the internet service kept cutting in and out which made things slightly difficult. Bit otherwise it was great.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank trquezada
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an uplifting review. I'm thrilled that our staff was there when you needed and they exceeded your expectations. I am also grateful that you let us know about the quality of our internet service. We will work to resolve this issue as best as possible.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very clean, efficient, extremely good value. Service levels - very friendly, helpful, courteous.
With these facilities (small gym, free breakfast, free wifi, free parking) and their prices, if you need to be in the area, you simply can't beat this place. Also full refridgerator, microwave and small hot plate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you liked our place and services. “There is no investment you can make which will pay you as well as the effort for us to scatter sunshine and good cheer through your stay.” Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are relocating to the area and we're looking for a place to stay for a month. This was one night for me to check it out....

the bed and blanket were covered in hair...not just a few which I could deal with. COVERED. there was hair on the bathroom sink...hair and FILTH on the toilet seat. The person at the desk (whom I will not mention by name) was nice about it when I checked out and assured me that she would speak to her manager who was arriving shortly and would be in touch asap. Nobody has every contacted me. Clearly we won't be staying there.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The condition of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this does not happen again, I am making sure every room is being inspected more thoroughly. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nor@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Norwalk hotels

Branford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Convenient location, friendly staff, quiet, and most important, clean and well-maintained property and rooms. I especially appreciated the kitchen set-up, with cups, mugs, flatware, and, my personal favorite, filtered water. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an uplifting review. I'm thrilled that you liked our services and shared it with the rest of the world. We are doing everything in our power to make every guest happy and it is very encouraging to see that our efforts are being acknowledged. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was pretty decent I liked and disliked the fact that it was on top of a hill. The perk about that is you hear no road noise at all. Downside when the snow storm hit I was afraid I wouldn't get up the hill. I was here for 3 weeks working at the Yale new haven hospital. I liked that it was very quiet and the room was pretty decent. The staff all seemed very nice. The one downside I didn't like about the hotel was the size of the fitness room it was tiny.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your three week stay with us was a pleasant one. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great shower pressure and quiet rooms made my stay great ! Friendly staff and a free snack breakfast is great too. Grocery store nearby. I stayed during this last snowstorm and the worst that happened is the television went out for a few hours but that enabled me to nap while the snow piled up outside. Which serves mentioning the plow service was here about every 2-3 hours plowing the driveway and trying to keep up on what was the worst snowstorm in many years. The manager actually shoveled snow away from my tires for me after all the snow stopped and this was an A+ in my book. I stay here often and while there are minor room improvements needed here and there I would stay here over any other hotel in the area hands down. I am a smoker and so appreciate the conveinence of a smoking room but also being able to open the window for fresh air these are two thing very rare in hotels these days ! Who wants to feel locked in without being able to get fresh air ? Speaking of the security here is good as well you must have a keycard to enter any door but the front which is a pain but a plus.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to offer you a great service during the snow storm and made your stay a pleasant one. Also thank you for letting us know about the little things we can do to better our property. We will make every effort to perfect this. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Courtyard Norwalk
#5 of 13 in Norwalk
4.0 of 5 stars 242 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk

Been to Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford? Share your experiences!