“Great Suites”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Great Suites”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Though the rooms are small but they are well furnished and have all the things you need, phone connection, walk in closet, iron. The best part is that they have small kitchen within the room along with dishes. So if you are here for a short trip and want to cook on your own. Great service, peaceful location, in door laundry gym cafe and pool makes it perfect for your stay in Norwalk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our amenities were just what you were looking for and made your stay great. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Extended Stay America Norwalk is a woderfull hotel. I stayed 2 years ago for 2 weeks and I am in the same hotel now for 5 weeks. I advised to all my friends and they stayed here during their visits to this area. Good location, clean rooms, good service. I need to mention about the excellent manager Gokan Atli and his assistant Viktoria. Thank you all for your hospitality and great service. I definitely advise this hotel for everone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stays and I am great full that you came back. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great place for an extended stay. Newly upgraded makes this hotel even more appealing! Always someone nice around to help with any questions. We love staying here when in town with our furry four legged son. We feel safe and comfortable leaving him in the room while we step out with family or friends. Close to the supermarket, restaurants and take out food places. Overall great experience and thank you for super service!!

Room Tip: So far we have stayed a few times on different sides of the hotel and all rooms were good. Rooms in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella F
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. It's great to hear that you liked the newly renovated rooms, and we were also pleased to hear that you and your "furry children" felt safe. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Chester, N
Reviewed December 19, 2012

While on a business trip, I had to book another hotel in the area because this hotel was full due to Hurricane Sandy. That "other hotel" took my reservation even though they knew their power was out due to the storm, and would not be restored for several days. So, I showed up at Extended Stay without a reservation and asked if they had a room. They did not. Victoria, the manager on duty called several guests who had reservations, but had not checked in yet. She kept calling, and low and behold, she found a guest who did not need the room. I was saved! This level of service went well above and beyond what was expected.
Also, the rooms are newly renovated, the rooms and common areas are clean, the parking areas are well lit and the place is quiet. What more could you want? Remember, this is not a resort, its a business hotel.
Given the commitment of the staff and the upgrades to the property, and the price relative to others in the area, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

P.S. Denise at the front desk has also been very helpful to me in the past, but I haven't seen her lately, so maybe she moved on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert D
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the level of service you received and I was pleased and proud as a manager, that my staff went the extra mile to take care of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Thank you for greatest night ever !!! :) Excellent .. Everything was great ! Service ,location , cleanliness and room . But I would have one suggestion for the management !!!
if you fix your bathtub ( porcelain was chipped ) everything would look much better :) thanks again ..

• Stayed December 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm so pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience with us, and I thank you for bringing up the issue with our tub. It will be taken care of as soon as possible. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Due to Hurricane Sandy, we had to leave our home. We were grateful that we were able to
be accommodated at Extended Stay America - Norwalk on such short notice. The kind and
helpful Staff out weighed the lack of amenities and the room decor. My husband and I were
in a single room with no closest which made it difficult to hang our coats, etc. We found the
linens to be thin and frail and in need of being replaced with new ones. I am sure that there
are other rooms in the complex that are much nicer. All and all, we were happy to have a
place to stay and Victoria, Michele and Roberta were exceptionally helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your stay was pleasant with us. I would like to assure you that we are working dilligently to improve our services and the coments you made about aour bedding did not go unnoticed. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Due to Hurricane Sandy I was forced to abandon my house. This was the only place I could find a room. Taking into consideration there was a hurricane, the staff was rushed off their feet. But Viktoria, the manager, couldn't Have been more gracious. In order to get towels you had to go to the front desk and beg for them. There was no cleaning of the rooms, yet there was enough staff to vacumn the halls at all hours

The hotel was extremely noisy. Every morning at 6 am a gentleman insisted on shouting good morning to everyone at the top of his lungs. Have a little consideration for those of us who chose
not to get up at 6 am!

On the whole the staff was nice. Avoid at all costs Michelle. She chose to be in a service industry and should change her attitude. Do not ask her for anything unless you want to be met by a
sneer and her going in the office and calling you a [--]. Very unprofessional

I found the hotel dirty. The room needed to be vacuumed. The linens were old and very thin. The blankets should have been thrown out, old torn and stained. I would not recommend staying here. No amenities except for a closet with an exercise bike. There is no cleaning of the rooms. You have to empty your own garbage. The bed is so hard and lumpy you will not get a good nights sleep. This place is in bad need of a renovation!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vivanblane
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not pleasant. In response to your feedback, we are inspecting the rooms more frequently and in detail to prevent the cleanliness issue. Also we re visited our front desk training to provide better guest satisfaction. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Norwalk hotels