“Party food!! Best Value for money!!!”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 392 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Westport
“Party food!! Best Value for money!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently hosted a party of about seven families, including children. I took a tray of the 'Chicken Malai Tikka' for some people who had never tasted Indian food before, on the recommendation of the owner and two small trays each of Butter Chicken and Ginger Chicken( There is another name for it.) I also took some bread (Garlic Naan) as it goes well both with the dry chicken and the curries. It went down very well with my friends and now we are planning a dinner there and have already made reservations for it.

I work out of Westport most days and skip a couple of Indian restaurants along the way to drive to Saffron on Westport Ave. I usually go there for the lunch buffet. I am not a big eater by any means but I like having a lot of colors on my plate! Discovered it a few months ago and am yet to be disappointed.

I don't know what people were eating in the name of Indian food before Saffron happened to Norwalk/Westport!!

• Visited April 2012
9 Thank Wilhelmina G

Norwalk
“Once You Go... : ]”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

When relocating to this area, the hotel where I stayed recommended this restaurant - new by a couple of months as great Indian food. Well I'm hooked and have recommended it to so many people ! I like that they can cater to Gluten free diets too and have yet to have a dish I didn't like - - The owner is so gracious and the waiters are right there when you need something.
I also like that I can stop in and dine alone comfortably.

11 Thank Merry T
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
“excellent”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The food is fabulous, the owner is kind and helpful.
I've enjoyed the luncheon buffet and take out.

10 Thank Deborah H
Stamford, Connecticut
“Saffrom cuisine rock!!! I love the food”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I went there for Lunch. They have the most delicious buffet. The service was excellent and the price was just right. You have to try it. I had a great time I will definitely recommend to all my friends.

12 Thank Angela S
Fairfield County, CT
“Move Over, Coromandel”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Here in Fairfield County, Coromandel has been widely regarded as the leading Indian restaurant in the area. And while it's still a good restaurant, this review is to tell you that there is now one better; Saffron Indian Cuisine in Norwalk.

The food at this unassuming little restaurant is delicious. In particular, I highly recommend their Chicken Shahi Korma (chunks of tender, breast-meat chicken in a scrumptuous savory cream sauce) and their Keema Naan (classic Indian bread seasoned with crumbled chicken and spices... be sure to get it with the Indian "gravy" on the side!) Everything is fresh and - though I've never been to India - seems truly authentic. Best of all, their chef is attentive to make sure the spicyness of your food is what you want... mild is mild, medium has a nice bite without being overpowering, and hot is hot!

What really sets this gem of a restaurant apart is the pleasant service and the 100% commitment of the owners to make sure you enjoy their cuisine. You couldn't ask for nicer, more attentive people... they truly care that you have a quality experience and excellent food.

Please seek out this new restaurant... you won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2011