“Perfect service, clean and big rooms, good breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed November 16, 2010

In summary this is very good business hotel which I really could recommend. In detail:
Service: they pick you up at nearly every time from wherever in Norwalk. Roomservice is quick and good. Very good and gentle service for the rest.
Accommodation: the rooms are big, comfortable and clean.
Free Wifi access all around.
TV channel selection could be improved. A good (if not the best) place to stay in Norwalk.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2010

My guests occupied 25+ rooms this past weekend. Daniela, the Sales Associate, couldn't have been more lovely, efficient or accommodating. I had at least a dozen phone conversations and visits with her leading up to the weekend by which time I had complete confidence in her and in the staff at this property. The facility itself is well located, very clean and offered a very competetive price. The staff was polite and service oriented. They were able to offer me use of the hotel vans for shuttle service at a fraction of what this would have cost elsewhere. All of my guests were happy with the facility and the services. Don't even consider another hotel for your wedding weekend ! ! !

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I've stayed in the HGI many times and the staff are always very helpful and friendly. The shuttle service is very useful (always fast and efficient) and the drivers are great . The breakfast is fabulous - the cook is always very cheerful and will make you perfect eggs to order, and Nikki is there to serve coffee with a happy flourish.

The hotel is a short walk from a few local restaurants, strip malls etc so doesn't feel too isolated without a car but the guys are always happy to run you where ever you need to go nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Catering primarily to business people, the Hilton Garden Inn does what it does well. The desk staff was quick with the check in and courteous; offering a free shuttle to wherever I might have wanted to go in Norwalk. The room was amply sized, the bed comfortable, and the furniture stylish. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room and, more importantly to me, easily accessible internet. There was an ergonomic desk chair and a reasonably large desk. Downstairs was a small but functional exercise room with a pool. The restaurant was a little on the pricey side for dinner, although the hamburger was good. Breakfast was a buffet, allowing for a quick, but substantial meal in the morning. There was fruit in the lobby in the morning, cookies at night and coffee and tea throughout the day.

All in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The HGI in Norwalk is easily one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in while traveling for business purposes or for leisure. I have just finished spending 16 months there, in fact, and I will certainly miss the amazing service provided by the employees.

Housekeeping - easily the best I've ever had while traveling, which includes Europe, the Carribbean and all over the US. Attention to detail rivals the best hotels in the world. And this level of service is standard, not even after a big tip or anything of the like.

Front Desk - extremely accomodating and extremely friendly. There's no better way than to get over a bad day at work than a friendly smile upon check-in.

Bar/Food - great bar and great food, especially for breakfast and dinner (never had lunch there). I'd recommend either the burgers or the club sandwich. French fries are some of the best.

Manager - the general manager Kevin is very accommodating and friendly. If you have any concerns, which would be a surprise considering how fantastic the hotel is, Kevin will gladly and quickly handle them for you - never hesitate to reach out to him.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Don't stay here in the summer. No air conditioning in the corridors or elevators. And the two rooms I stayed in both had broken air conditioners that had to be fixed. One was fixed but when I came back it had broken again. No manager on duty. Feels like an older facility than it is. No swing-out mirror in the bathroom. No bathroom exhaust fan. Free breakfast is nice, but it doesn't make up for not being able to sleep because of the hot room and stale air. Seems to attract a fairly noisy clientele. No garden at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank poesy
besthotelinnorwalk, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Dear Valued Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during the heat wave in June 2010. My management staff join me in expressing my apologies to you for the inconvenience that you experienced while you were in the hotel.

Because we value your comfort, we replaced every single PTAC unit in all of our 170 hotel rooms as well as the public spaces. Although our hotel is not even 10 years old and most of our air conditioning units are functioning, we didn't want to take the chance of having another breakdown should another heat wave occur. Our guests' comfort is our utmost priority and we will do every thing we can to ensure that we provide that most ideal environment for our travelers.

Thank you, again, for sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to serve you better. I hope your travels take you to the Norwalk area. If you do, please contact me directly so I can show you my appreciation for allowing us to continue providing you the best accommodations in the Norwalk area.

At your service,
Irene Dixon
Director of Sales
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk - voted Best Hotel in Norwalk 2008, 2009, 2010
203-523-4000
irene.dixon@hilton.com

Reviewed June 28, 2010

This was a quick one-night stopover so I can't provide in-depth opinions of all the services on offer, but my overall impression was pretty lack-lustre.

The reception guy had problems with my surname (Newton) which he variously attempted as 'Nathan' and 'Neutron' - maybe it's my English accent but it doesn't make for the best reception experience. Otherwise check-in was very quick.

It feels as though the hotel is in the midst of an upgrade because the corridors to the rooms are quite nice - but then you open the door and the room inside is less nice. But at least it was clean, bathroom was reasonable, internet was free.

Bed was not the best I've ever slept in but neither was it the worst.

Breakfast was pretty decent value at $12 and was very edible, despite the fact that the short-order chef insisted on doing my eggs over-easy instead of sunny-side-up. Maybe it's a regulatory thing...

So, blah blah.