“Great little hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here two nights for work. Great hotel for what you need. Good location, close to the freeway and restaurants, etc. Room was VERY nice with free wi-fi. Great breakfast in the morning. Couldn't ask more for a business stay. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LovedaCaribbean2920
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thanks so much for the props on Trip Advisor! I appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to having you with us again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2012

As a any guest with an reservation, I always hope my room preferences can be honored. As a Hilton Diamond I expect these preferences to be honored -- high floor away from elevators. Simple, yes? But only if the front desk clerk has taken the time to read those preferences. This apparently was not the case. I got the top floor -- after verbally requesting it -- only to discover my room was adjacent to the elevator. My room -- 415 -- had a defective shower valve, so half the water was coming out of the bathtub faucet, making it impossible to take a decent shower. Bottom line, this is an expensive property, with little value.

Note to the General Manager: I appreciated the letter from you asking for a report of any problems. Consider adding your email address to the letter, to make it easy for your guests to do so.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank HiltonDiamond1
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write here on Trip Advisor! I am not sure why your requests could not be adhered to- we are sticklers for details and I certainly agree that your requests were simple. Each morning we run reports to ensure requests are taken care of and there is a comment box right on your reservation. Trust that I will get to the bottom of it and address the issue with my staff.

I apologize about the shower, now that it has been brought to my attention, it is easily repaired, but we don't have a room numbered 415. I bet when you travel as much as you do, you must wake up wondering what city you are in sometimes! Trip advisor is anonymous, so I will give you my email address (which I will add to my letter to guests) if you wouldn't mind emailing me directly who you are, I will check your reservation and ensure I get the right room.

Thanks for your suggestions and your comments, it really helps me improve my hotel!

john.fields@hiltoncom

Reviewed January 15, 2012

A great location. Fairly clean, although some things could have had more attention, bathroom floor was not clean, dust underneath mini fridge, drinking glass cover note floor.
We ordered evening snacks in the bar to watch a football game and waited over 45 minues for soup. Personnel was polite.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank PJBSCH
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think! I certainly appreciate your comments and take them very seriously! I will have to do some research as to what room you were in that needed so much attention, as I can honestly say, I typically do not hear that there are cleanliness issues. Our mini fridges are in cabinets, and with all of my own personal inspections, I have never notices dust. Hilton has unannounced audits twice a year and our cleanliness scores are always around 98%, something we are very proud of!

Things do happen and I again appreciate you pointing it out to me. I am not sure why soup would take so long, 45 minutes must have seemed like a lifetime! I will again. look into that situation, soup is always on hand and already hot. Glad you were able to watch the football game and enjoy the snacks we have to offer.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Spent 2 nights while in this area on business. Nice, relatively new hotel. Staff is exceptionally friendly. Room was clean, nicely decorated, quiet and, for the most part, comfortable. My main issue with the room is the HVAC, it was too warm or too cool and there didn't seem to be a happy medium despite waal mounted temperature control. I find this to be a common theme in most hotels. Beds are OK comfort wise, I don't think the faux sleep number system adds to the comfort...I would as soon have a pillowtop bed. I like the option of wired or wireless internet, it might be me but I think wired is more secure. Unfortunately I did find it to be a little on the slow side. One last issue is with getting in and out of the parking lot, the hotel is located on a busy road and CT drivers are not the most accommodating...I think it's a law that they have to beep their horns every 30 seconds or more. I know I've given my rating a 4, but it's more like a 3 1/2. However, I will most likely stay again when in the Norwalk area for work.

Room Tip: I had a front facing room and heard no noise from the outside, so I would think any room is OK
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SirVayR
GeneralManagerJohn, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

I sure am happy to hear that you would stay here again! If there is something that we can do to make the bed more comfortable for you, please let us know in advance and we will do our utmost to ensure your satisfaction. We can set the bed on soft or firm for you, prior to your arrival so that it is at the right setting when you get here.

I appreciate your comments very much and truly do look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

Absolutely love this place. Stay about 1 week in 6 when I am in CT on business.

The hotel is above all clean, comfortable, and friendly. Rooms are a good size, the desks are great and beds very comfortable. Breakfast is great, fresh waffles, omelettes, etc. There is a small exercise room with bike, treadmill, etc. anything you might need and an indoor pool.

Free Wifi, a bar and a restaurant make this place about as convenient as anyone could need.

Cant recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

So happy to hear that we are your HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!!!!!!!!! My team is committed to making sure that every one of our guests feel the same way and I am so glad to hear that we are successful!

Thanks for taking the time out to write a review, it is very much appreciated!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I'll admit that I would rate this hotel higher if they had queen sized beds instead of double beds in the rooms with two beds. We needed a room that would hold us and our teenaged daughter, but sleeping in a double bed, instead of a queen or king, is not something I really enjoy. We went ahead with it, because other relatives had already booked here, and we wanted to be with them. The public areas were excellent for our needs before and after the event. We hung out by the fire and chatted, and enjoyed some of the complimentary cookies and tea/coffee in the evening, and gathered there again in the morning. Staff were helpful and polite. Corridors, and the room, were exceptionally quiet. Maid could have done a better job cleaning the tub/shower area from previous guest. I would stay here again if it were just my husband and I, and then we could get a room with a king-sized bed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Heddlemaid

Thank you for your review here on trip advisor! I appreciate your comments regarding our beds and want you to know that a double bed is fairly typical in most hotels. That being said, we do offer King size rooms with sofa beds and larger corner rooms that easily accommodate a roll away (double) bed. The next time you are traveling, be sure to let us know the make up of the guests in your room, I would have made certain you were more comfortable in a different room type!

Thanks for letting us know how you enjoyed our service and I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was initially unsure about this hotel but they proved me wrong. Norwalk is not a prime vacation spot, but this is a good location for business especially in the Merritt 7 area.
Pros:
First, I must say that the staff was super friendly and helpful about everything.
Clean rooms
Free internet
Cozy fireplace in the lobby which helped on a cold day
Free area shuttle
Cons:
Found it hard to regulate the room temperature. I like the room around 74 or 75 degrees, but it stayed around 71-73.
I could hear the shower from the ajoining room
Fitness center is small, 2 treadmills, 2 elipiticals, and free weights

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your note! I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating. Norwalk is a wonderful town for business or pleasure. Although we are located in the busniess district, we offer complimentary shuttle service to South Norwalk, home to one of New England's greatest aquariums! South Norwalk is home to numerous restaurants, shops, a children's museum, harbor cruises and more. The next time you are in the area, please be sure to take advantage of all we have to offer!

Hope to see you again soon!